fitting long cage rear derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The OP needs to tell us what he has now, need serial number/model number - not just "Ultegra". Then we can check, but it's most likely a long, given the dinner plates used these days and compacts.

OP, go look on the back of the rear mech for a number like RD6700 or something similar, and let us know what it says - you'll need a cloth to clean it and a torch to find the 'number'

How many teeth are on the front chain rings !

All answers we need to see what you have (first sensible post on this thread).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You aren't helping.....
Read the ******* question. I gave the right answer. You do not have to buy a complete derailier. If you so choose to thats fine. BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO. I know you will want the last word. Go for it i am done.

fossyant

Read the ******* question. I gave the right answer. You do not have to buy a complete derailier. If you so choose to thats fine. BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO. I know you will want the last word. Go for it i am done.

I've posted the first sensible reply after you lot talked bollocks - I'll let you dig your own holes... FFS. I waited, talked bollocks, you just try getting parts for modern mechs - it's a joke and costs just as much. I'm not a mod now so I'll tell you. OP needs to let us know the number on the mech first.

fossyant

Spoke to Longers earlier btw- he's up for it.

More than awesome..... love to see him again..

Back to the original post - we need to know the serial numbers etc to advise....

My Dura Ace will cope with a 24 at best, the new stuff loads more. Need to know the number on the back.

SJS have inner and outer plates for 6600 onwards by the looks of it so you could conceivably get the parts for about £25. Trick is to spell derailleur correctly :okay: and the question is whether you want to pay the extra for a complete mech and that comes down to how the OP values time.

Also, be aware that the Roadlink doesn’t extend the derailleur’s range (i.e. capacity), it just moves it up to about 40t max, but the smallest sprocket size increases too.

Top Bottom