fixed for £200?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
They do look good, a fully built bike for £165 is great. I'd ideally want to inspect it before buying though, just in case it's not what it appears to be.

If you want one to bowl about on, the Decathlon job is for next to nowt and if you had it for a year you could sell it to a mate forthe best part of £50, so what's to lose? The price of a few pints and a curry. Not even.

OP
OP
H

henryst

Thanks so much for all the advice guys. I went for this from gumtree, picked it up this morning and I love it!

http://www.gumtree.com/london/92/64767692.html

They do look good, a fully built bike for £165 is great. I'd ideally want to inspect it before buying though, just in case it's not what it appears to be.

If you want one to bowl about on, the Decathlon job is for next to nowt and if you had it for a year you could sell it to a mate forthe best part of £50, so what's to lose? The price of a few pints and a curry. Not even.

OP
OP
H

henryst

I can't believe it - someone cut through my lock and stole it while i was in M&S! Loads of cctv there and the police are confident they'll catch whoever it was (probably a van with a couple of meatheads with cutters). Damn it!!!!!
Great stuff. Brilliant news. You've got it, you like it, job done. Now wear it out.:smile:

robin IX

I did mine for less than £ 140

Bike £ 40.00 e bay 1980's Dawes
I had been running this geared for 4 years before the conversion so don't really
take this as a cost for the build

Chainset £ 35.00 - E bay

BB £ 12.00 - Chain Reaction Cycles

Brake hoods £ 5.50 - in the for sale section on here

Brakes £ 22.00 for front and back shimano 105's - E bay

Front wheel £ 55.00 handbuilt with a 105 hub from my LBS

Rear wheel Fixed / Fixed Free of charge from someone on here :biggrin:

Chain £ 7.50 - LBS

All the other bits I had. To be fair I could have kept the original front wheel, brakes and hoods to make it a real budget special.
+1
I built mine up for £100 initially, old 80s raleigh road bike plus second hand wheels and a friendly bike mechanic I know.

My total cost is now probably £150ish since I had to get new tyres and got some new bars and brake pads etc (for the front brake).

Top Bottom