I rode fixed at a track day at Lee Valley velodrome. One event I forgot it was fixed when coming round to the centre island entrance. Overshot it, and did another lap and arrived at slower speed next go.
As someone who commuted for years on a fixie my impression certainly backs that up. Not claiming it's objective science but I seemed to be able to climb far steeper hills than I'd have been happy with with the same ratio on a freewheel / geared bike. OK granted I had no choice !
I was an unfit middle aged man in a hilly city (Bristol)
Sorry to hear about accident, but great your cycling again. My S/S was bought 2nd hand from someone who sold theirs after a physical issue, recovered and then regretted selling it. They replaced it - fortunately for me replacement was a size too small and they had to sell the replacement. Keep an eye on the classifieds - I spotted a very nice Day One for sale a few months back for fair money.
Sorry to hear about accident, but great your cycling again. My S/S was bought 2nd hand from someone who sold theirs after a physical issue, recovered and then regretted selling it. They replaced it - fortunately for me replacement was a size too small and they had to sell the replacement. Keep an eye on the classifieds - I spotted a very nice Day One for sale a few months back for fair money.
I've had more since, fractured hip socket and pelvis. Back riding in 3 months - that was last year and my fault, ice. Had the NHS spotted it I'd be sporting a total hip replacement, but they didn't until 6 weeks later when I went back with an email from my physio who thought my hip socket was fractured. Turned out a hell of a lot more serious than I thought. Ah well, still riding.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.