Fixed wheel Falcon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
I promised myself that if I completed the Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool 100 I'd reward myself with a fixed wheel build. And being an optimist I picked up this Falcon Cotswold frame a few months ago...

D1708_001a.JPG D1708_005a.jpg

It's in pretty nice condition and cost £40, which seems reasonable. I think the "Elswick Falcon" label dates it to the early 80s. The old bottom bracket is almost seized up, so that's going to be ditched - I might already have one of the right size. And I have a few other parts ready for it.

It will be a slow job due to lack of time and spare cash right now, but I thought it would be nice to chart my progress.

wisdom

Guru
Looking forward to it.Good luck and keep posting.

OP
OP
Alan O

Alan O

Über Member
Just a quick update. The bottom bracket wasn't seized after all, just over-tightened - when I opened it I found it clean and newly re-greased, with bearings, cups and cones all looking fine. I cleaned and re-greased it again myself and reassembled it, and it's spinning nice and freely now.

The problem I now have is fitting a new headset - I've described it here so I won't repeat it, but I'll hopefully be taking it for LBS attention on Friday.

Alan

Top Bottom