Fixie or Geared

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ivan Ardon

Not single speed, but in your price range, you've got to try very hard to beat the B'twin Triban 3 from Decathlon. STIs, carbon forks, 3 x triple. An equivalent quality singlespeed will cost you more than that.

Rowe

Regular
What about the Revolution Track fixed gear. If you get it today they have 15% off- it's a little over budget but it falls under £300 brand new. I've had a 2012 Langster for the past couple of weeks (1st fixed) and bought it cos i got it cheap and couldnt be arsed to wait for Edinburgh bikes to get the new Track in. Anyway. tried it the other day and i nearly listed my Langster on Fleabay so i could buy the Track!
It's got an Alu' frame, better brakes than the Langster, quite a bit heavier but you cant feel it when you ride it. The saddle was more comfortable and it's got a proper flip/flop wheel (Langster is fixed - its listed as fixed/fixed and what they really mean is fixed / locknut - had to fit my own free-wheel) Steel forks to take some of the bumps out of the ride, 25 x 700 tires against the langsters 23 x 700.
It comes in a nice green that nobody will steal - i daren't leave my Langster outside work!
I'm not sure why its so comfortable and i'm really annoyed that i didnt wait so definitely worth a look.
Alternatively, you could buy a used racer and convert it or if you really want a brand new bike then you could get the Decathlon and convert that - you can always put the gears back on if you dont like riding fixed.

Top Bottom