Fixies - Foffa bikes any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

catherine87

There are tonnes of alternative/retro/vintage/hippy looking girls in their floral dressed and whatever riding fixed or vintage bikes around town(at least in Manchester city centre), I guess its an image thing to some degree rather than a keen interest in cycling.

Rob3rt,

I think your comment about girls riding fixies or vintage bikes is a gross generalisation. I for one, have a very keen interest in cycling, having completed the Otway Odyssey and numerous other cycling events. On the weekends, I like to ride around town on my single speed (in my dress, or whatever I feel like wearing, you know...if its cold I may just wear pants, sometime thick socks too... because my toes tend to get cold) for the same reasons as any bloke with a "keen interest in cycling" would.

1. its cheap
2. its fun
3. its good for you

Yeah your right, its also an image thing. Just like anything else is, the car you drive, the clothes you wear. I just don't see the relevance to your comment. I guess what your saying is if you have a little bit of an interest in cycling (ie. your riding a bike in a dress), its not good enough, you have to have a "keen interest" to be socially excepted in the cycling world by middle aged men with disposable incomes and small peckers.

Anyway....

Gee girl

I bought something from foffa bikes, after payment they emailed me that they no longer stocked the item, after 30 days and not really much good will or help from foffa I'm still waiting for a refund, they told me to get in touch with paypal and gave me a transaction ID code and when I did speak to paypal they informed me that the id code was invalid. Maybe I've just had a bad experience with them but I will not purchase from them gain and have made sure my cycle club no longer deals with them.

cuberider

Über Member
Just to add a little balance here, I read a review of the foffa one in a recent issue of ''Urban Cyclist'' and they gave it 9/10. I don't have the skill or will to build a bike myself, so appreciate the companies who do and try to make a profit for their endeavour.

colly

Re member eR
I think dani's coming in for a bit of unfair stick here.

I do too.

People are forgetting that not everyone can or even wants to do all the sourcing, tinkering and labour. Dani is running a business, he has to make it pay so he can earn a living.
Stripping out an old frame, fettling what's not right, putting all back together even if you have all the right tools and know what you are doing is going to take several hours. (cue here for a reply to someone who has done it in 25 minutes)
I'm also kind of suspicious of people coming on complaining of bad service. One post, one complaint.
Who knows, maybe they are the competition. They might be all genuine, they might be malicious they may all be from just one person Dani has fallen out with. Can't tell either way.

Dani has come on here and answered his critics or at least answered back.

Joanna8

Disappointed with the damage my new Foffa bike arrived with - deep scratches on the mud guards, a chipped frame and a mud guard mount that has broken. All minor things, but not expected on a brand new bike.

Top Bottom