Fixing an alpkitmat puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

On the last night in France I slept outside without a tent on the alpmat, but in the process it now has a puncture.

i have tried to patch it with the supplied patch and glue (having washed them both first) but they dont stick down. I am feeling deflated. Any ideas? I e mailed alpkit but just wondered if anyone here has survived a similar horrific life event?:laugh:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Assuming a puncture from a thorn or similar, I'd be inclined to try using Seam Grip on it, after cleaning with meths.
No experience though - my Thermarest failure was a bit more drastic. It delaminated so there was a great big bubble. I had to go shopping for another one. Fortunately we were in Briancon, and had about an hour before the shops closed.

Did you follow the instructions?
Repairing your mat - the first aid kit works just like a bicycle repair kit. Locate the puncture by submerging your mat in water and looking for bubbles. Clean and dry the area around the puncture. Cut the patch to an appropriate size leaving a 1.5 cm border. Leave the glue to cure for a few minutes before applying the patch. Keep pressure on the patch for 10 minutes and leave it as long as you can before inflating the mat

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thanks.
Alpkit offered to fix it if they could if I posted it, but i reckon I may as well get a new one ..they are only £25

Top Bottom