Fixing error code 4 on a Bosch Exxel dishwasher

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Andrew_Culture, 14 Jul 2012.

1. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

I'm asking this because the good folk on this forum appear to be able to fettle everything!

Our dishwasher isn't completing it's cycle, and yes I could wash up instead, but no, life is too short.

The cycle stops with 49 minutes remaining. I ran the diagnostics (pressing two of the buttons and holding the power button) and got error code 4. I think error code 4 denotes a problem with the water intake, but how does one fix that?

We can't afford a repairfella to come and look at it, so DIY is my only option.

561ea2ba-3150-b18c.jpg

2. ian turner

ian turner Über Member

Yup some of us can use google :P
    according to this you should check the outflow filter which may be full of crap
    "I also was getting the E-04 error code. I had a new baby and was doing a lot of laundry at the time. After speaking with a rep way to many times and them continually telling me I was using too much detergent, which I was using none, I called a repair man and he graciously instructed me on how to check the drain area (the area behind that round plate). Sure enough, there was what once was a breast pad stuck in the drain. Funny how that had nothing to do with detergent. That man saved me a whole bunch of money and I am very grateful to him! Now I'm getting the E-02 error and will be checking all the hoses to make sure they are cleared and not kinked. I'm about to throw this Bosch out the window! "

3. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

Ah, thanks for that, but those instructions are for a washing machine :smile:

I tried googling but can't find a conclusive answer. I shall persevere!

4. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

I disconnected and reconnected the supply pipe and blasted the area under the filter with a hosepipe and the dishwasher appears to be working again.

5. Markymark

Markymark Guest

We had a similar issue and it was caused by the filter being clogged up which meant the water wasn't draining properly.

6. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

We have to check that often, porridge oats are a dishwashers primary predator.

7. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

the small print in the manual for my (bloody hell it is nearly 30 years old) Bosch suggests rinsing porridge bowls amongst others.

8. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

It amazes me that people don't 'scrape and rinse' before putting things into their dishwashers!

9. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

Yeah, we learnt that the hard way :smile:

10. Markymark

Markymark Guest

If I were to scrape and rinse everything, I may aswell use hot soapy water and not bother with the dishwasher!

11. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

I've never owned a dishwasher new enough to still be in a relationship with its manual!

Sent from the remains of my brain using my meaty fingers on a silly virtual keyboard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice