Fizik bags,rubbish?-or am I just unlucky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Topeak for me, never had any problems apart from buying one that's too small! Well made and fit securely too.
As for Fizik saddles being fine, @Hyslop try the Tundra for size. It's the most uncomfortable narrow plank of a saddle I've ever had the misfortune to sit on.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have the Fizik Arione on my bike and, at face value, it looks and feels very unforgiving. When riding it is perfect and far from uncomfortable. The San Marco Dynamic that came off is a lot more shapely and padded in comparison, and found that the worst thing ever when riding. It's totally down to the shape being what matters @mrbikerboy73 and Not the padding. If the shape is wrong it can be made as thin or as padded as you like and it would make zero difference to ride comfort.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm a big fan of Fizik saddles (I have 3) but the clip-in saddle bag is rubbish.
I lost mine on a bumpy road and I wouldn't have seen it again if my GF hadn't been behind me to pick it up. The c;ip had sheared.
I'm now using a Carradice but it's really too big and heavy for summer use.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Funny isn't it. I've got a Pro Logo Nago and I find it very comfortable. Happily done full days riding with it (and will be doing tomorrow)
Reading around, I think the Nago may be a different animal. The most complimentary thing I've seen said about the Nago PAS is, I think, that it's "overly firm", with a lot of people concurring with my opinion that 30 miles on it makes one long for the sweet release of oblivion.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Reading around, I think the Nago may be a different animal. The most complimentary thing I've seen said about the Nago PAS is, I think, that it's "overly firm", with a lot of people concurring with my opinion that 30 miles on it makes one long for the sweet release of oblivion.
Mine's the Nago Evo. I find their range somewhat confusing at best. Must be different. Either that or my arse has more natural padding that most

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I have the Fizik Arione on my bike and, at face value, it looks and feels very unforgiving. When riding it is perfect and far from uncomfortable. The San Marco Dynamic that came off is a lot more shapely and padded in comparison, and found that the worst thing ever when riding. It's totally down to the shape being what matters @mrbikerboy73 and Not the padding. If the shape is wrong it can be made as thin or as padded as you like and it would make zero difference to ride comfort.
To be fair to Fizik, the Alliante S that came on a bike I bought is very good. Took me a while to get it adjusted but I'm quite happy with it now. I just couldn't get on with that Tundra though. Sorry, a bit off topic I know!

bpsmith

Veteran
To be fair to Fizik, the Alliante S that came on a bike I bought is very good. Took me a while to get it adjusted but I'm quite happy with it now. I just couldn't get on with that Tundra though. Sorry, a bit off topic I know!
We're on the same page. Just meant that the fact that's it's thin has no bearing, but the shape is just wrong for you. :smile:

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
I have Fizik saddles on the bikes,both Aliante and Arione.Of the two,especially over distance,the Aliante suits me best.That said,when I bought them my LBS only offered test saddles from Fizik.Had none suited me,well then I might favour another saddle obviously.Even so,this Bull, Snake etc marketing from Fizik strikes me as quite a substantial amount of bull***t.Indeed,when I bought the Aliante, I went for the latest VS model and the thing was extremely uncomfortable.Given my bike fit and my small size,the saddle is well forward on the rails and I was naturally sitting right in the channel-all the time! I changed it for the version without a channel and its fine...for me.Just goes to illustrate the minefield that is saddle selection.

Top Bottom