Flanders ****Spoiler****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
What a fantastic race, never had any doubt that once he kicked for home Devolder was going to win it. Watching him come up one of the Murs with Boonen he just looked so strong and Flecha found to his cost just how good Stijns legs were.

Amazing to watch how fast they climbed on wet cobblestones and really felt for the poor buggers who lost traction and then had to try and get up wearing clipless shoes jeez talk about greasy.

Angel Gomez fractured his right radius in his horror crash and was due to undergoe surgery on Sunday night. Probably the worst stack I have ever seen.

girofan

Yeah mondo, never seen one like that before. It made me jump in my chair. Anyone who's ever had a big chute like that would feel every laceration and break. Hope he recovers with not much pain!!
As you say great race. Best Flanders I've seen. :rolleyes:

i'll cheer Judith over Nicole any day! i've been a fan of Arndt since her track days (odd how people forget she was a world champ on the track too - cyclingnews certainly did judging by their recent interview). she's a top rider and is prepared to work hard for others as well as going for the wins herself. i tend to not let nationality get in the way when it comes to sport.

Top Bottom