Flapjack recipe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
all this talk of flapjacks is making me hungry (although thats nothing new)- i may get the other half to try cathryns mums recipe... and no, im not sexist. main meals are my job, cakes and sweet baking is hers...

Cathryn

Legendary Member
redjedi said:
Thank you Cathryn and Cathryn's mum for this recipe.

I made my first ever batch of flapjacks last night, with bluberries.

They taste great, although a little dry. I don't think I used enough syrup. I think I also failed to press the mixture into the tray enough, as it was a bit crumbly. It still tasted great.

I made more over the weekend and exactly the same thing happened. Unfortunately Mum was visiting so I didn't impress her (although she was very kind) and she said I hadn't used enough syrup.

More syrup then!!

Glad everyone likes it. Mum is thrilled to be an online celebrity chef.

mondobongo

Über Member
Try adding white chocolate buttons naughty but nice. Reduce the amount of sugar to about 20g, add them to the mix last and stir lightly to reduce melting. Make sure you press the mixture down firmly.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
I know this is an old thread, but I searched for flapjack recipe, found this one that looked good. Stopped off at the shops tonight stocked up on ingredients, with different kinds of dried fruits & nuts - just made my first batch with dried blueberry and almonds - absolutely fantastic, thanks Cathryn for sharing, thanks Cathryn's mum for the recipe!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Recipes schmecipes... more to the point, whenever I take flapjack in my jersey pocket for snacking mid-ride, I end up with a bag of (tasty) crumbs....
They'll end up in bits in my stomach I suppose, but it would be nice to eat a whole intact one, rather than shovelling crumbs down my gullet... what's the answer folks?
I used to have a recipe which used bananas in the mix. It seemed to make them less brittle, if a little limp. Rich in stuff that helps your legs rotate though.

EDIT: similar to this but with dessicated coconut and other dried fruit added.

Top Bottom