Flapjack recipe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
My first batch is in the oven as I type with cherries in and if no probs will be making another batch with macadamia nuts and blueberries mmmmmm.

Blueberries are really good I find mondo, must also try the fresh grated ginger - I got two big lumps of it yesterday:smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Aye both batches came out really well so much nicer than the shop bought stuff. Missus bought a load last week from Julian Graves its like eating sawdust its so dry.

Aperitif am going to try the ginger next might be a good one for winter time, pineapple with ginger is a nice taste.

mondobongo said:
Aye both batches came out really well so much nicer than the shop bought stuff. Missus bought a load last week from Julian Graves its like eating sawdust its so dry.

Aperitif am going to try the ginger next might be a good one for winter time, pineapple with ginger is a nice taste.

Big up to yello for the fresh ginger idea - I seem to want sweet and sour combos involved...must be watching Heston Services Blumenthal too much:tongue:

buddha

Veteran
My favourite way to stop a flapjack turning into crumbs in your jersey pocket: once out of the oven and cooled, cover the lot with a layer of melted chocolate :ohmy:

edit:
Another flapjack variation: Praline flapjacks
1) roast some hazelnuts in a dry pan (or in the oven) with some sugar until the sugar melts and goes brown
2) let that cool and smash it into bits, or chop in a blender
3) add to your usual flapjack mixture

LLB

Nicest flapjacks I've had by far are the syrup flapjack trays from Lidls for about £1.20 a tray

redjedi

Über Member
Thank you Cathryn and Cathryn's mum for this recipe.

I made my first ever batch of flapjacks last night, with bluberries.

They taste great, although a little dry. I don't think I used enough syrup. I think I also failed to press the mixture into the tray enough, as it was a bit crumbly. It still tasted great.

I just have to try again in a couple of days, and keep trying until I get it right :smile:

Used weighing scales for the first time since I was at school. I'm surprised I remembered how they worked.:angry:

Top Bottom