Flashing LEDs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

I find it harder to judge the rate and direction of travel of cycles lit solely by flashing LEDs. Don't get me wrong, I can do so, but I definitely prefer a solid light.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Can a flashing LED give a driver an epi?

Cab

Terminator said:
I have steady on the bike and Flashing on the bag.

On my front there is a steady and a flashing.

Thats a good combination. Iif I did more riding at night in places without good street lights (so a bright yellow reflector strip, good bike reflectors and good lights seems more than ample) I'd definitely use flashing lights as a back up.

Cab

Terminator said:
I have steady on the bike and Flashing on the bag.

On my front there is a steady and a flashing.

Thats a good combination. Iif I did more riding at night in places without good street lights (so a bright yellow reflector strip, good bike reflectors and good lights seems more than ample) I'd definitely use flashing lights as a back up.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Cab said:
so a bright yellow reflector strip, good bike reflectors and good lights seems more than ample

Second day out with the 3m tape on the bike. Got another regular on the route commenting on how effective it was and the distance at which he’d been able to see it reflecting the car headlights

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Cab said:
so a bright yellow reflector strip, good bike reflectors and good lights seems more than ample

Second day out with the 3m tape on the bike. Got another regular on the route commenting on how effective it was and the distance at which he’d been able to see it reflecting the car headlights

Cab

gambatte said:

Simple reflexite strips are quite amazingly reflective, personally I think they're way more visible at night in urban areas than bike lights (that can be almost lost in the background of other artificial lights on and around the road).

Cab

gambatte said:

Simple reflexite strips are quite amazingly reflective, personally I think they're way more visible at night in urban areas than bike lights (that can be almost lost in the background of other artificial lights on and around the road).

Top Bottom