FLAT 100 km ride from Garforth, Saturday 11th June 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In case we do go through Tadcaster (which would cut out the Windmill climb -YAY! :laugh:), this is the amended GPX file.

It knocks a couple of km off the total, so around 101 km.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Garforth Tad metric century 2022.gpx
    19.3 KB · Views: 5

Domus

Guru
Roast Coffee Shop, Sutton Road Tadcsster. We cross Sutton Road so VERY close to route.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That is on my amended, hill-dodging route!

How about following the amended route and taking a look at The Lemon Tree on the High St. If that doesn't suit, then continue to Roast Coffee Shop?

Oh, and do either of you have 3 bikes worth of lock? (Streetview doesn't show the RCS so I can't see if we can sit outside with the bikes.)

Buck

Guru
Happy wherever just so we can get a drink and cake/snacks !

I’ve got a cafe lock. But nothing bigger. We should be able to sort something I am sure

Buck

Guru
Roast has a veranda/outside seating

BAF87F12-3ED5-4672-9EF6-8F5E26591F16.jpeg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

RCS it is then! :okay:

Good job that I have been training for the hills... :whistle:

Nearly pan flat metric century Garforth Tadcaster.png

Not 'pan flat', unless you have a very defective pan, but not exactly mountainous! :laugh:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Th Family Tree tea room and nursery, Thorpe Lane Cawood is a bit different but good.
Roast Coffee shop in Stutton is very good but often busy.

Have a great ride! I’ll be in The Lake District tomorrow so cant make it but quite fancy The Humber Bridge ride if you are organising another later this year Colin.

You can sit outside at The Family Tree so you won’t need any locks as you are almost sitting next to your bikes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Th Family Tree tea room and nursery, Thorpe Lane Cawood is a bit different but good.
Roast Coffee shop in Stutton is very good but often busy.

Have a great ride! I’ll be in The Lake District tomorrow so cant make it but quite fancy The Humber Bridge ride if you are organising another later this year Colin.

You can sit outside at The Family Tree so you won’t need any locks as you are almost sitting next to your bikes.

Cheers. We can take a look at the cafes in Tadcaster and see how busy they look, with the option to go on to one of the cafes in Cawood.

I hope to do the Humber Bridge ride again this year. Let's see what the rail situation is in a couple of months time.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Cheers. We can take a look at the cafes in Tadcaster and see how busy they look, with the option to go on to one of the cafes in Cawood.

I hope to do the Humber Bridge ride again this year. Let's see what the rail situation is in a couple of months time.

The Lemon Tree in Tadcaster has bike locks (albeit very cheap ones) that you can pick up just inside the back door. You go through the passage way to get to the back entrance and the bike racks. Unfortunately there is no outside seating (Humphrey Smith is the landlord and won’t allow it!).

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The Lemon Tree in Tadcaster has bike locks (albeit very cheap ones) that you can pick up just inside the back door. You go through the passage way to get to the back entrance and the bike racks. Unfortunately there is no outside seating (Humphrey Smith is the landlord and won’t allow it!).

I had to look up who Humphrey Smith is... THIS is one of the first things that I found! :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

YIKES... saved by the label!!! :eek:

My alarm went off and I thought to myself that I must have left it set early from yesterday when I had to get up for a health check. I was about to cancel the alarm and go back to sleep when I spotted this shining out in the gloom...

GET UP... RIDE!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom