FLAT imperial century (metric century option) from Garforth, Saturday 10th July 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Is that 50 to the start and 50 from the finish so a 200 (big respect!), or 'just' 50 for whole 'commute' + the 100, in which case you need to throw an extra 10 in somewhere ;). I like the fact that a metric century and a big commute is taking it easy! See you tomorrow.
It's only 25km each way :okay: Gotta take it easy tomorrow as I'm doing an imperial century Sunday too. Possibly leading alongside my wife too, as the ride leader is having to self isolate, but that will be a steady paced ride too

Buck

Guru
Quick heads up for anyone travelling by train. There's likely to be a revised timetable coming into effect this weekend :sad: Not sure when the systems will be updated with this new info, but may be worth checking later this evening or certainly before travelling in the morning.
Apparently it's all the fault of traincrew & their lack of appetite for overtime this weekend, nothing to do with poor management :angry:

Had a gentle spin on the turbo this morning & the legs are still not 100% so I may just opt for the 100km route as I've 50km to do to & from the station :okay:

Where are you coming from? I am driving up from Huddersfield so if en route (or a reasonable detour) I can always pick you up so you can save your legs and do the full 100 miles rather than going all metric on us?! :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The weather forecast keeps changing... I've been looking at the Met Office and BBC. As usual, they don't quite agree, but both suggest that we will get some cloud, some drizzle, some sunny spells, and it will be fairly warm and breezy. I spotted a couple of hours of thunderstorm risk earlier but that seems to have abated.

I'll check in again before setting off in the morning to see if there are any last minute posts.

See you in Garforth!

Ok i'll let you know - yes I saw the photo's I was erring on black but wasn't sure and hoping for brown, as you can never tell with photos and I'm not great on distinguishing between various dark colours:laugh:
The weather forecast keeps changing... I've been looking at the Met Office and BBC. As usual, they don't quite agree, but both suggest that we will get some cloud, some drizzle, some sunny spells, and it will be fairly warm and breezy. I spotted a couple of hours of thunderstorm risk earlier but that seems to have abated.

I'll check in again before setting off in the morning to see if there are any last minute posts.

See you in Garforth!
Yes, I'd noticed how often the forecast has changed for tomorrow. Different every time I looked! But on the plus side it seems any rain will be just light showers and the one thing in the forecasts that has been consistent is that it will be only light winds throughout the day. So, I'm ready to go!

Colin, I'll be on the 7.25 am train for Todmorden and see you on the platform there as we await our train to Leeds :bicycle::bicycle:

Buck

Guru
The weather will be what it will be. The only thing guaranteed seems to be “changeable”!

I’m bringing my jacket just in case.
See you in the morning.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My train is still showing as running tomorrow, I should arrive in Garforth at 9:11, see you all then :okay:
Cheers for the offer Buck, if you fancy a run to the east coast I'm up for it 🤣

si_c

Guru
I'm on the Scarborough train from Liverpool now, hoping to have a nap on the way up, should be at Garforth well before nine, which is very unlike me 😂

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I nearly turned my alarm off and went back to sleep! Fortunately, I know myself and was stopped by a second alarm going off a few seconds later and displaying the label "GARFORTH!!!"... :laugh:

If anybody has any problems, post below so we know what is happening.

SYS!

si_c

Guru
Leeds currently as sunny and clear as I've ever seen it:okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm on my way too, left home a little later than planned, so not quite the leisurely ride to the station I had planned :laugh: It's a little misty over this way, but hopefully it will clear & be nice & dry all day :rolleyes:

Top Bottom