flea treatment for cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know there aare many cat lovers/owners on cyclechat, as I have said before my daughter and granddaughter live next door and had two cats, I say had as they seem to have moved in with me and mrs roadrash, as I said would happen my silly daughter has not kept up the treatment and says it is six months since they was last treated, although mrs roadrash has given them a going over with the brush and comb and couldn't see any evidence of fleas.

looking online, ebay etc (is there any reason not to buy from ebay) it seems there are many different products, I would prefer to use a spot on treatment simply because its easy to do , so what do you recommend ….. @Reynard @Pat "5mph" and all other owners.

sox and rusty Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 24

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Frontline / Broadline (one is from a vet, the other a pet store) seems to work with mine.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Another Frontline fan here, usually from Animed Direct but i shop around for best price and buy a large qty.

We had to use a gentler product 'Advantage' on one of our cats. Supposedly not as good, not that we noticed any difference.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
Until our cat died last month we used Advocate which is a monthly treatment, comes in a plastic ampule that you squeeze onto their skin at the base of their neck so that they cannot lick it or reach it with a wet paw.

Using that monthly kept fleas away. When we first moved to advocate we also sprayed the carpets with Indorex to remove the flea eggs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Frontline here as well, our vet sells us a dog sized pack for about £26 IIRC and we use half on each cat. It's damned expensive for what is probably a really simple product. And the cats absolutely detest it especially if they manage to lick any as it contains a bittering agent.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Frontline or Advantage can be bought on-line for half the price of the VET - we use Vet Medic for ours. You just have to let them know the cat's weight (under or over 4kg).

Flea treatment isn't always necessary every month - depends upon what the cat get's upto. We've only one outdoor cat now (had 3) but also have 3 indoor cats (2 pedigree and one that shouldn't be out as he is a cat flu carrier). We treat more often in summer, not so much in winter, but I would advise you do the treatment every month for 2-3 months from now, just in-case.

Top Bottom