flea treatment for cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@roadrash I use a product called Bravecto, from the Vet, only because my cat has allergies, the Vet recommended it.
Suits me, as it's a spot on type of product that needs applied only every 12 weeks (instead of every 30 days like with Advocate and similar).
Previous cats I had were flea free with Advocate no probs.
As said up thread, don't use Bob Martin products, they are not effective.
It's important to de-worm outdoor cats every 3 months, as flea and worm eggs can be ingested with small rodents or birds.
If the cats have not had fleas, ever, you don't need to treat your home with pesticides.
It's good practice to change the flea repellent brand from time to time, because fleas can built an immunity.

Pat "5mph"

I have just gone from Broadline which is a combined spot on worker and flea treatment to a prescribed pill as my cat has a reaction to something in the spot on. My vets cats have the same issue. I'm pretty damn sure it burnt her skin. Next month is the first pill. Something tells me it could be a battle :eek:
Comfortis, by any chance?
My cat would not have it, it was a waste of money! :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

There's a spot-on wormer?
Drontyl tablets and leather gauntlets could be destined for the bin!
The one I use is called Defender, a much better experience ... for me ^_^
Today I applied it while BigCat was sleeping: till he noticed and rebelled, all done for the next 3 months ... piewww :heat:
Be aware that you must leave a gap of a week between applying wormer spot on and flea spot on.

Drago

Legendary Member
The one I use is called Defender, a much better experience ... for me ^_^
Today I applied it while BigCat was sleeping: till he noticed and rebelled, all done for the next 3 months ... piewww :heat:
Be aware that you must leave a gap of a week between applying wormer spot on and flea spot on.

Ah, Defender. That's the one the mods use on me when I start to get a bit infested.

Top Bottom