Flemish NRttK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to Stanfords this afternoon, and sort of failed. I've got a 1 to 100,000 of West-Vlaanderen which takes us from just west of Gent to Oostende and then down to De Panne. They didn't have the Oost-Vlaanderen jobby, which would have taken us from the outskirts of Brussels.

If work is not too hectic, I'll look for one at lunch. Worst case scenario I can dismember my road atlas, (which I may do in any case as it is easier to read than the IGN maps )

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
Final GPX track is attached. I also have the route on my GPS device, should we go off track. I'm pretty sure my sister said she would have paper maps. Will check with her tonight.

Attachments

• FNRttK.GPX
    25.5 KB · Views: 125

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Wind now from the west. I'm gong to be three foot in front of Susie's front wheel the entire time
Met Office now saying for Ghent at 2am there will be a SW wind, 9mph and no gusts, and 9 degrees. This is starting to look suspiciously like the best weather I've had on a FNRttC for quite some time.

Final GPX track is attached. I also have the route on my GPS device, should we go off track. I'm pretty sure my sister said she would have paper maps. Will check with her tonight.

Just in case I now have photocopies of the required pages from my road atlas (1:100 000)

A quick play on google maps' street view suggests that (unusually for Belgium) there are useful signposts along the way.

OP
OP
swarm_catcher
Be careful, you might never leave:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm utterly, utterly captivated by this little escapade. I'm going to ride along on Susie's left side to shelter her from the wind, and not worry about where we're going, or what progress we're making or anything. It's just going to be great.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yup. Even my mini adventure via dover, dunkirk, de panne, brussels to the start point promises to be good. The ride back from de panne to dunkirk into a vicious headwind along the coast perhaps less so, especially after a night without sleep, perhaps less enjoyable but it is all part of the game. And (whisper it) the Normandy trip approaches day by day......

U

User169

Really looking forward to this now.

Some preparatory sun, fettelage and beer...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367673751.174832.jpg

Top Bottom