Flexitarian diet to save the world, and maybe you/us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I see one vegan woman in particular get very upset by this - "flexatarian = omnivore, get over it" she wrote on Twitbook.

Well love, I've news for you. Vegan = vegetarian, stop being poncy and get over it.

Now, where my bolt gun?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It sounds unlikely to catch on!

I can't see the point of eating such a small amount of meat and I reckon most carnivores won't either. If you can cut down to 1 burger a week or 1 steak a month then why not just become vegetarian and have done with it?

I would rather have nothing than a very limited amount of what I like. I don't drink alcohol because If I did then I'd want 30+ pints a week. Similarly, if I had bread in the house I would probably eat a whole loaf in 1 day.

I'll stick to zero meat intake!

I’m not a huge red meat eater or a starchy grain type of person so you could say I am a flexitarian.... or just following a varied and healthy diet.

My tea time looks something like this:
Monday was spaghetti bolognaise
Tuesday was fish and curly fries
Wednesday was pizza
Tonight is Linda McCartney vegetarian pies
And Friday is veg curry.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Can I post another picture of my bacon sandwich????

Have you still not eaten it?
It must be rancid by now!

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It sounds unlikely to catch on!

I can't see the point of eating such a small amount of meat and I reckon most carnivores won't either. If you can cut down to 1 burger a week or 1 steak a month then why not just become vegetarian and have done with it?

I would rather have nothing than a very limited amount of what I like. I don't drink alcohol because If I did then I'd want 30+ pints a week. Similarly, if I had bread in the house I would probably eat a whole loaf in 1 day.

I'll stick to zero meat intake!
Disagree with you colin, I think, or something on that spectrum may well catch on, for all sorts of reasons. . As I said I am on this spectrum already. Note it doesn't say one bit of meat a week. A few birs of meat won't make me gorge/OD on it but won't be going 100 per cent veggie either.

DRHysted

Guru
I caught the end of this at lunch time and was unimpressed by what I heard. Now I have read the entire segment I am still unimpressed, and seriously hoping that they start this after I'm dead. I have no dairy in my diet as I cannot digest it, so the dairy thing doesn't bother me. However nearly all fresh fruit or vegetables triggers my IBS, so my diet is very limited. The last few years thanks to loads of exercise and an unhealthy diet I am actually feeling the best I have been since I was a teenager could eat anything.

My Mum however found it most amusing as she is a livelong vegetarian, not through ideology but because she never liked the taste or texture of meat (she dislikes fake meat just as much). As a child (born 1947) she was informed she wouldn't be able to have babies, or live a long healthy life because of her lack of meat. I suppose you could say she's proven them wrong!

I'm afraid I have no plans on changing my diet (nor does my Mum). I'm sure if we wait a while someone will produce another diet.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I can understand anyone being fed up, as it were, with being told what they should or shouldn't eat. But if a massive reduction in eating meat has so many benefits, why not? What is the reason for the resistance? This particular diet is not demanding total abstinance.

Why is a veggie or even vegan diet supposed to be such a bad thing? All the more so as you get older and the benefits become clearer.

DRHysted

Guru
I can understand anyone being fed up, as it were, with being told what they should or shouldn't eat. But if a massive reduction in eating meat has so many benefits, why not? What is the reason for the resistance? This particular diet is not demanding total abstinence.

Why is a veggie or even vegan diet supposed to be such a bad thing? All the more so as you get older and the benefits become clearer.

What if it has no benefits, or makes you ill?

Top Bottom