Flexitarian diet to save the world, and maybe you/us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajay

Veteran
It’s only B12 that could possibly be an issue in a plant based diet, but it’s easy to get enough.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It’s only B12 that could possibly be an issue in a plant based diet, but it’s easy to get enough.
...and bacon....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
...and bacon....

I wonder what is it about bacon in particular.

Sometimes I think it might be a latent cannibalistic tendency within us all - apparently human flesh tastes like bacon.

Or is it just the salt cravings after a sweaty ride.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I wonder what is it about bacon in particular.

Sometimes I think it might be a latent cannibalistic tendency within us all - apparently human flesh tastes like bacon.

Or is it just the salt cravings after a sweaty ride.
It’s because our God loves us and wants us to be happy. Other deities want their followers to be more miserable.
I think that’s the reason....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You countryfolk and your worrying expertise. Can imagine lost hikers of a stormy evening staggering thankfully into your warm welcoming looking local, settling in for a beer and a chat and one of you lot opening the conversation with: "did you know ......

Have you seen the film " Delicatessen"??

And you must also remember, that us country folk have a long history of being required to provide our own entertainments ... :eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
You countryfolk and your worrying expertise. Can imagine lost hikers of a stormy evening staggering thankfully into your warm welcoming looking local, settling in for a beer and a chat and one of you lot opening the conversation with: "did you know ......
I know of one country pub, with nearby campsite, with an undertaker in the family.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I know of one country pub, with nearby campsite, with an undertaker in the family.

Not forgetting that pigs themselves have been known to partake of human flesh..

Oh my crikey - it suddenly all got rather sinister on here :shy:

D

Deleted member 1258

Not forgetting that pigs themselves have been known to partake of human flesh..

Oh my crikey - it suddenly all got rather sinister on here :shy:

Didn't someone murder their wife and feed her remains to his pigs?

D

Deleted member 1258

A few pig farmers have been consumed by their beasts, when they've dropped dead mid feeding time.

And its the classic gangster body disposal method.

Eeek how did we get here??
Mods help!! This is getting a bit dark !!

Pigs seem to be true omnivores.

DRHysted

Guru
If any one diet makes you ill, change it. With a vegan diet in particular unless it is done well it can lead to vitamin deficiences. It does require a bit more time and effort to make it work. You don't have to adhere strictly to a diet if it turns out in the long run to running low on required vitamins.

My own doctor is happy with veggie, a bit sceptical about vegan, though not anti.

Whatever diet you have if you are consuming vast quantities of sugar its not going to do you much good.

Hence why I will not be changing to this new advised diet, it would make me ill.

These things are marvellous for rounding everyone into a group and coming up with a one size fits all, neglecting the fact that we are all individuals, some of us do have different requirements.

Unless my doctor contacts me to inform me I need to change, I will ignore all the politicians, journalists, and online experts. I will however still need to explain it to the Nurse when I have my check up next year.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Hence why I will not be changing to this new advised diet, it would make me ill.

Don't quite understand you if you are refering to the one in my initial post. Surely it's rather flexible? It's not saying eat only fruit and veg and no meat. You can mix it as you see fit. It's not "one size fits all" at all. Just had my patented past meal - about 60g pasta, one sausage as mince donor, ton of small tomatoes from south London market, tinned tomatoes, sun dried, tomato from a tube, various spices. Other bits. Feel great. Not heavy at all - easy to digest. As only a small bit was meat and first meat I have had in maybe two or three days.

Top Bottom