Flies...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a fast food they are not high in calorific value, you need to eat some 50 grams of flies to match a Mars bar

That works out at some 500,000 house flies!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I've breathed in horrible midges in the past. :ohmy: I don't understand why some cyclists who intend to travel at a fair speed don't have eye protection. So many things hit the face and the glasses over the course of a year,that without specs the eyes must take in some serious crap!

I have never cycled without shades on. Never going to happen, despite the weather.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've seen the effect of a small twig whipping Mrs Gti in the eye and certainly don't want to suffer the same pain myself so always wear eye protection. In fact on yesterday afternoon's ride my buddy and I both had to duck to avoid a low-hanging twig, which would have hurt if it had hit either of us in the eye at the 35 mph we were doing at the time.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I knew a guy who swallowed a fly
then searched for a spider to catch the fly.
He went to Brazil and this rhyme ends here
coz some spider just ate well, I fear... :eek:

How do you know how fast the dragonfly was moving? Mini speed gun?

I measured the skid marks that he left on my cheek.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Love the film, probably the best film of all time for me.

Same here. It feels like it's going nowhere for quite a bit of it, by design, and then creeps up on you. Still love the part where Warden Norton throws the stone at Rita Hayworth and it just keeps going echoing away!

Biscuitfrisky

I have grown quite a large beard that helps keep flys out.

Also adopting the Rio Ferdinand floppy top lip approach can stop them getting in.

But when you do get one in the mouth, close that throat, swish him round a bit and then release back into the wild!

Top Bottom