Floods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I'm surpirsed you have time to be posting on a forum, with all the ark building that should be going on! :biggrin:

As I was travelling back to the midlands from newcastle the other day many of the fields next to the railway line were under water, some was 3- 4ft deep, as you could only see the tops of the trees sticking out. Saw some people's houses VERY close to floods too. They must be worried sick.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Being a grumpy Northerner (well, only by address;)), I'd say those look exactly like the areas around the Ouse look for at least half the winter, and sometimes in the summer too, every year I've been up here. Whole fields out at Naburn go under, and then the water gets trapped when the river goes back down.

LLB

The road into Maisemore from Gloucester is now closed due to flooding

Police are warning that it is normal for this time of the year for this amount of rain. What is not normal though is the volume of water in the ground giving this flood water nowhere to go !

wafflycat

Welney Washes - frequently flooded roads these days. means those living in Welney & area can have a 40-50 mile detour to get to & from main towns in the area. And the flooding can last for months!

Top Bottom