Flu/Cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds like me :sad:
Took the car to work today as when i got home yesterday couldn't get warm, then in the morning was hot .I have been coughing up green stuff for nearly 2 weeks but not really any runny nose , it has finally turned to catarrh today .
Took last week off the bike after i attempted a club ride and they told me to go home , did a club ride this Sunday but even at a steady pace it was enough.
I have been doing rediculus overtime for months and i just feel run down , when cycling on days i would leave at 5. 45 am and not get back till 7.15am and its only a 35 min commute each way .No time for family let alone any training etc .
Can’t you do less overtime if you’re sick? Maybe see your dr as green is not a good colour for bodily fluids!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can’t you do less overtime if you’re sick? Maybe see your dr
No
the overtime is mandatory , we have planned targets every day and due to the nature of just in time the parts are constantly in transit and product has transport / sales that need to be met .
With the new model there is planned overtime to meet sales expectations and new machinery teething problems, done 9 hours overtime in 3 days .
Seeing the doctor is pretty impossible as the only way to get time off is to ring in sick , to get a doctors appointment isa ring on the day deal but if you dont ring at 8 am and are in the queue your out of luck and i start at 6 .30 am ish , no phone calls during work times...............

vickster

Legendary Member
How can overtime be mandatory? Is that in your contract?!
If you’re unwell and not getting better, call in sick and see Dr surely is the sensible way to go

cyberknight

How can overtime be mandatory? Is that in your contract?!
If you’re unwell and not getting better, call in sick and see Dr surely is the sensible way to go
yes it is , we have a planned saturday as part of the projected build plan and if you cant work it then you have t fill a form in stating your reason which can be turned down if deemed not urgent enough, it can be classed as a non attendance .
TBH if i was younger or didnt have a family to support ..............

Slick

Guru
Feeling “under the weather” since 7th March.
Hot and cold, runny nose, etc.
Spent 6 days in bed, not felt so bad in a long time :sad:
Still not back to normal but slowly getting better.
My sympathy to fellow sufferers :hugs:
GWS xx

Hopefully you are now over the worst of it and start feeling better soon. :thumbsup:

Slick

Guru
yes it is , we have a planned saturday as part of the projected build plan and if you cant work it then you have t fill a form in stating your reason which can be turned down if deemed not urgent enough, it can be classed as a non attendance .
TBH if i was younger or didnt have a family to support ..............
I get the overtime thing as it is a requirement depending on what sector you work in but take a day for yourself to see the doc, nobody wants to deny you that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My missus isn't so good, but picked it up on a long weekend abroad - so with added travel tiredness, and straight back into work, she's not feeling great.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
2 weeks on and I feel much better, managed a cycle into work today. However will now be off for a week for the house move, so good timing in someways.

simongt

Guru
Maybe I'm just plain lucky. Not had 'flu or the like in nearly thirty years. Or maybe the virus looks at my puny body and thinks to go and infect someone more worthwhile - ! :rofl:
But seriously, I'm of the age that I can have the free 'flu jab, but I decline every year as when I did have one forty years ago ( policy of the coy I was working for at the time ), I had an allergic reaction to it which I wasn't warned about. Perceived wisdom says I should have a jab, but if I haven't had 'flu in all this time, why do I need one - ?
Answers on a postcard please - ! :thumbsup:

cyberknight

I get the overtime thing as it is a requirement depending on what sector you work in but take a day for yourself to see the doc, nobody wants to deny you that.
i think me trying to ride to work tuesday and getting soaked set me back, had to ride home in cold damp clothes and when i got home i was shivering , today apart from a cough i dont feel unwell in general but i have cancelled all rides till monday commute at least .If i dont improve by sunday am i will get in at the walk in centre

ozboz

Guru
I got caught out on Wednesday in sudden drop in temp, ended up with head cold and sore throat , I set off today and turned back , I was wobbling about all over the road , hoping it’s a short lived thing ,

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
i think me trying to ride to work tuesday and getting soaked set me back, had to ride home in cold damp clothes and when i got home i was shivering , today apart from a cough i dont feel unwell in general but i have cancelled all rides till monday commute at least .If i dont improve by sunday am i will get in at the walk in centre

I got caught out on Wednesday in sudden drop in temp, ended up with head cold and sore throat , I set off today and turned back , I was wobbling about all over the road , hoping it’s a short lived thing ,
Same kind of thing for me. I nipped out to the shops on my bike mid-week and was caught out by how nippy it was. I only cycled 3 km but that evening I felt a cold coming on and am now full of it. It feels just like the one I had a month or so back and I haven't spent any time with sick people since so it is like the old bug was lurking in my system waiting for a chance to re-emerge!

ozboz

Guru
Same kind of thing for me. I nipped out to the shops on my bike mid-week and was caught out by how nippy it was. I only cycled 3 km but that evening I felt a cold coming on and am now full of it. It feels just like the one I had a month or so back and I haven't spent any time with sick people since so it is like the old bug was lurking in my system waiting for a chance to re-emerge!

I put a like on your post , bit daft of me really , liking some one suffering is a bit .....ermm.......... sadistic , you may be right though , it’s just waiting , like when your decorating ...... just waiting to ambush you into submission !

DRM

Guru
I’m now on the fourth lurgy since January, I’m absolutely fed up with not being able to go out for a ride in this weather, it feels like one step forward and five back at the moment, as well as not being able to get much sleep either due to the cough.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’m now on the fourth lurgy since January, I’m absolutely fed up with not being able to go out for a ride in this weather, it feels like one step forward and five back at the moment, as well as not being able to get much sleep either due to the cough.
Awful!

Twice was bad enough for me. I really would like to get through the rest of 2019 without any further bugs please, whoever is dishing out these damn infections.

Top Bottom