Flu/Cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I did a 65 miler yesterday , still coughing up crap off my chest which is slightly affecting my breathing capacity especially on hills and long rises I was experiencing some abnormal breathlessness going up toward Amersham , spoiled the ride a bit really ,

DRM

Guru
Awful!

Twice was bad enough for me. I really would like to get through the rest of 2019 without any further bugs please, whoever is dishing out these damn infections.
I totally agree, I feel I should have managed to get a ride in Friday, Saturday & Sunday, at least, instead I’m coughing up horrible green phlegm instead of making the most of this fantastic weather.

PK99

Legendary Member
I did a 65 miler yesterday , still coughing up crap off my chest which is slightly affecting my breathing capacity especially on hills and long rises I was experiencing some abnormal breathlessness going up toward Amersham , spoiled the ride a bit really ,

The advice on net exercising hard with a below the neck respiratory illness is well founded and well researched - potential serious heart damage is the issue:

https://www.dw.com/en/when-sports-are-bad-and-threaten-the-heart/a-16309687

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Heart/Heart-and-exercise/To-train-or-not-to-train-20120721

Hicky

Guru
After a brisk social mtb jaunt with m8's over the other weekend which shown I wasn't ready, I've left it another week and started this week....the lungs aren't up to it properly but no real ill feeling so I'm putting that down to being unfit and having xmas weight :wacko:

Slick

Guru
After a brisk social mtb jaunt with m8's over the other weekend which shown I wasn't ready, I've left it another week and started this week....the lungs aren't up to it properly but no real ill feeling so I'm putting that down to being unfit and having xmas weight :wacko:
Can't be the Christmas weight thing, I've been carrying a bit each year since 2010 but I'm still on the bike. :shy:

Top Bottom