Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm awaiting the txt. I was in the surgery yesterday but forgot to ask.

Why didn't you post this before @Dave7 , it might have reminded me!!

you said you'd taken a "herbal prevention" in previous years rather than had a jab.

midlife

Guru
Had Covid booster left arm and flu jab right arm on Tuesday. My employer is very very keen its staff get done !

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had mine this year as usual. Due a booster covid one sometime but since I do not mix much with other people it is not too important perhaps. I do go to visit my son and family so perhaps better done when it comes available.

Drago

Legendary Member
What do they charge? Have never had to pay for one, ever... Just curious!
You can get it in larger branches of Boots for about £9.

I get mine for free on the NHS, but because I do a bit of volunteering in Mrs D's school im treated as 'staff' and got my flu jab there last week.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Flip side for me. Never considered the 'flu jab before. I'm fit and healthy, and whilst getting the 'flu is deeply unpleasant, I considered it a rite of passage.

Will get one this year, as work is paying and my wife doesn't want to be knocked out for a week and suffer health reprecussions for the following month or two. Time to get booked in. COVID has reminded me that I need to look after the health of those around me, rather than just being selfish and looking after myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
my surgery are doing the covid booster and flu jab at the same time for 50+ ers so yes will be having mine when I get the call
Our community matron told us DO NOT have both at the same time.......leave it at least 7 days.
I never thought to ask why.

Alex321

Veteran
I had one first 4 years ago, when my daughter was (Successfully) fighting Hodgkins Lymphoma, so was very immunocompromised.

But now I'm old enough to qualify anyhow, I will be having it every year. Booked in for mid November with my local Lloyds pharmacy.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're doing ours at the aame time, although in my case itll just be the covid booster. No disrespect to your community nurse, butnp my consultant GP was a professor at a twaching hospital for a while, so Im incluned to believe its ok if he twlls me it is.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
you said you'd taken a "herbal prevention" in previous years rather than had a jab.
Yes.....its a little white pill you disolve on the tongue.
Oct-Feb. Once a day for a week then once a week.
Recommended by a homeopath I 'trusted'.

I have had one every year for a while
wife's son had Covid booster and flu a few dyas ago - in separate arms

Our surgery hasn;t mentioned them yet and they are normally VERY keen on us getting them so I assume they haven't got their supply as yet

but as soon as they are offered I'll be there like a shot!

Top Bottom