Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes.....its a little white pill you disolve on the tongue.
Oct-Feb. Once a day for a week then once a week.
Recommended by a homeopath I 'trusted'.
what's in it?

Last year my GP ran out of vaccines
apparently they got the normal amount - but everyone entitled to one for free turned up and got it - normally they got a lot of refusals so this meant they ran out
Turned out the pharmacy had loads so we went there instead - as we are both on asthma stuff (Fostair is enough) it was free - and as the pharmacy had our records no proof or anything was needed

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had proper flu (not just the "man" variety) two or three Christmas/new years ago, and that's why I started getting the jab. I was really wiped out for several days. It was horrible.

Before that when I got text I'd think "Yeah, that's a good idea", but never got around to getting it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had my first flu jab 11 years ago. My arm hurt so badly that I had to go home sick. I've not had one since.

vickster

Legendary Member
My recent flu jab certainly had less injection site soreness lthan Covid jab (Pfizer).
MMR is a sore one for sure (had to have when I went to Mexico a few years ago) and tetanus is also a painful bugger of a jab!

doughnut

Veteran
My local town (Chorley) has a walk-in flu/covid jab centre. Walk in give your name, address, date of birth and get jabbed straight away. No appointment and no charge. Maybe its for over-50s only, not sure. I went in on Thursday for a flu jab - quicker than trying post a parcel at the post office.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Over 50's is free.

I should have had mine a few weeks ago, but the pharmacy hadn't had a delivery. Working near 'students' I am definitely getting it. October 19 came down with a nasty flu, then 'another bug' December 19, which wiped out Christmas and any boozy parties - not missing that again. ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Over 50's is free.

I should have had mine a few weeks ago, but the pharmacy hadn't had a delivery. Working near 'students' I am definitely getting it. October 19 came down with a nasty flu, then 'another bug' December 19, which wiped out Christmas and any boozy parties - not missing that again. ;)
50 and over ;)

Thanks to this thread I thought I would ring the GP and ask about flu jabs - and my Covid booster

They currently do not have confirmation of a delivery date - but have just started organising a clinic for when they have been told it will arrive

so I was the first booked on and SWMBO was second!!

my Covid is about 4 weeks away

So thanks to CC and you lot for making me think to ring up!!!

markemark

Über Member
Checked the NHS guidance and it's over 50s. As I'm in my 40s is it a good idea to pay and get one or not bother?

Top Bottom