Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wish people who -do- want it would follow that reasoning when considering other’s decisions :-)
I certainly do not mind if people do not want it. That is their choice. But do I need to be made aware that they do not want it?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My nephew complained he knew he'd always gets ill after any injection as he always did, so I suggested it was auto suggestion and his own fault, about 20 minutes later Jeremy Vine said on R2 that he'd been told by Dr Sara Jarvis to stop expecting a problem as it was almost guaranteed he would get what he expected - Jeremy has never had a reaction since, nor has my nephew.

I know my muscles will get firmer and stronger after any injection. Here’s hoping….

Drago

Legendary Member
I recall I only had proper flu in my early 40's. It was hirrendous, felt like id been hit by a truck. Couldnt breathe, couldnt even lift my limbs, shivering uncontrollably, absolutely horrendous. Id never taken it seriously, but then and there I suddenly had an appreciation of how it could be fatal to the elderly and infirm.

Since then I har the jab. The first couple of years I paid, but when I became Mrs D's registered carer I got it for free on the NHS. Of course, the age theeshold for getting them free has now dropped from 60 to 50, so I'd get them free anyway.

I tels ya, Im first in the queue. Id have been happy to wait until November for the NHS jab when I have my anti covid booster, but the moment I discovered I was eligible to get it for free at the school because im a volunteer I was straight on the blower.

Trust me - if you haven't had proper flu, you really, really do not want it.

Biker man

NOT COVID......just flu.
I have never had one but in the Doctors yesterday (to have my ear syringed) and the nurse just asked "do you want a flu jab while you are here".......so I did.
20+ hours later and no adverse reaction so far.
I may just have done something right ^_^
Just had mine this morning always have one .

Landsurfer

Veteran
I’ve not had my Yellow Fever or Vials Disease boosters ..... should i wear a mask and hide behind the sofa ???

Drago

Legendary Member
I’ve not had my Yellow Fever or Vials Disease boosters ..... should i wear a mask and hide behind the sofa ???
Yellow fever is unlikely, but certainly worth considering if you live in certain parts of Luton.

There is no innoculation for Weils Disease, so proably best to stop eating that rat soup you love so much.

I want to live a long time, and i want to be sick as little as possible during that time. This being the case, if there is a illness that I am reasonably likely to catch while going about my daily business, and there is an inoculation for that illness, then I'll have the jab.

parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. No-one gets flu in Scarborough:laugh:
That’s Fair

Rocky

Hello decadence
Just had my Covid booster and ‘flu jab at my GP’s.

Fantastic organisation. Really smooth process. Seen on time and out 15 mins later.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
An ex had a job that involved overseas travel. She needed all manner of jabs including Yellow Fever.
On a more local assignment she had an unfortunate workplace accident of partial immersion in an London Sewer! All without protective gear on, so she got packed off to a GP for antibiotics to protect against leptospirosis (Weil's disease).

Not much risk of those if you cower behind a sofa. Plenty of flu about though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I had yellow fever vaccination in 2000. It is considered good for 10 years. I travelled through mosquito infested Amazon and many other such places. Didn’t get sick.

I had yellow fever vaccination in 2000. It is considered good for 10 years. I travelled through mosquito infested Amazon and many other such places. Didn’t get sick.
to some on here of course, referencing the old elephants in picadilly gardens joke, that would only mean that you didn't need it.

Biker man

They're doing ours at the aame time, although in my case itll just be the covid booster. No disrespect to your community nurse, butnp my consultant GP was a professor at a twaching hospital for a while, so Im incluned to believe its ok if he twlls me it is.
Had mine today being having them for years .

Top Bottom