Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You still need a flu jab .

What’s that got to do with Yellow Fever?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I certainly do not mind if people do not want it. That is their choice. But do I need to be made aware that they do not want it?
I went to a vending machine just a few minutes ago to get a drink. There was only sugar free coke. I didn't want that so I didn't buy it.

I thought it important to make you aware of this ;)

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I’ve not had my Yellow Fever or Vials Disease boosters ..... should i wear a mask and hide behind the sofa ???
I assume you're on the windup, but whilst you're having fun and games there's the serious point that vaccination protects others, not just yourself. Some of your loved ones and local community might suffer serious implications from flu (or other diseases) - how many are you going to hide behind your sofa?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Strangely I rather pooh poohed the flu jab previously as I'd been offered it for a few years, but it seemed a bit pointless as I'd never got flu and I'd assumed it was a fairly minor illness unless you were frail or whatever. Covid I took as soon as offered for obvious reasons. I'm probably more inclined to take the flu jab when my name comes up, though can't really rationalise it
It's anything but 'minor'. Most people who claimed they had/got the flu haven't. They probably just had a bad cold but 'flu' sounds better. I've had plenty of colds; mild and bad... but i've never had the flu. I reckon I must be naturally immune to it.

It's anything but 'minor'. Most people who claimed they had/got the flu haven't. They probably just had a bad cold but 'flu' sounds better. I've had plenty of colds; mild and bad... but i've never had the flu. I reckon I must be naturally immune to it.
The strain that comes around tends to vary every year
You may have some immunity to most of them - but are you immune to the one that will come this year??

they all differ in small ways

Biker man

I assume you're on the windup, but whilst you're having fun and games there's the serious point that vaccination protects others, not just yourself. Some of your loved ones and local community might suffer serious implications from flu (or other diseases) - how many are you going to hide behind your sofa?
I have been having a flu jab for years if you get flu it will knock you for six people say they have flu when they have cold .

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I am guessing that you are in the UK then you need a flu jab I had no end of inoculations when I went to Africa ,when in Rome do as the Romans do .
Rome isn't in Africa though.

Never had a flu jab, never will either. Nor have I ever had flu.

Top Bottom