Fly tipping bar stewards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been for a spin with Mrs D (Farley Mount way for anyone local) and some lowlifes have fly tipped dozens of pieces of furniture, mattresses etc. along about three miles of country lane, I reckon they were in a large dropside type van with someone in the back chucking stuff off as they drove along as there's a bit every 50 yards or so. Grrrrrr!!!!!!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Have you reported it to Test Valley Council you can do it online, but you have to log on
https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/mytestvalley

JPBoothy

Veteran
What utter ####ers! A friend of mine actually stopped and video'd somebody doing it a few years back and the first question from the Police was "did you have his permission to video him" :ohmy:

I think if they lift the van ban from the local tip though the problem 'may' decrease slightly.

JPBoothy

Veteran
This happens too often when people pay next to nothing to someone to take their junk away. Check they have a waste carrier's licence.

This is a road I used to ride on above Merthyr:

View: https://youtu.be/h4AfPjeZXU4

The owners of the rubbish know full well where it is likely will end up if they are paying a man with a van £10.. Playing ignorant is not an acceptable excuse :stop:

Smudge

Veteran
A bit of fly tipping goes on round our way and often its tyres, mostly car tyres but the odd motorcycle tyre sometimes. There's never a lot of them in one place, just odd ones here & there in lanes and tracks, which i guess is from people that dont want to pay the few quid for a tyre disposal at the tip.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've posted this before but I do think the punishment for littering should be being forced to eat it. Likewise if you fly tip. I'm not being unreasonable as I'd allow the culprit to eat the rubbish over a reasonable time providing he meets his quota of say 500g a day, and he'd be allowed tools to grind up the metal or stone bits

JPBoothy

Veteran
A bit of fly tipping goes on round our way and often its tyres, mostly car tyres but the odd motorcycle tyre sometimes. There's never a lot of them in one place, just odd ones here & there in lanes and tracks, which i guess is from people that dont want to pay the few quid for a tyre disposal at the tip.
Being a tight git is no excuse, but surely the local council's need to accept that the cost of sending out a clean up team is going to be a lot more than the cost of them lifting the van ban and refusing to take tyres etc..

Drago

Legendary Member
Particularly when used tyres are big business, and the materials are sought after for kids playground surfaces, ultra quiet road toppings etc. The companies that make these products take them away for free. Councils that charge for taking them at the tip are profiteering...or not, once they spent time and resources cleaning up roadside mess. The idea that its costs these refuse companies money to dispose of them is a lie.

The companies that run tips, sorry, recylinng centres make an absolute fortune selling on the materials they collect. I know this as a friends son runs one. The cost of the final disposal of unrecyclable waste is a relatively tiny compared to the profits they make, and councils shouldn't let them charge for such things. They're making a huge income off the materials they collect, so to take a little rough with the enormous smooth would do them no harm at all.

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Being a tight git is no excuse, but surely the local council's need to accept that the cost of sending out a clean up team is going to be a lot more than the cost of them lifting the van ban and refusing to take tyres etc..

Yes i agree.
Our local tip will take tyres but there's a charge of around £4 each for taking them. Which isn't much, but it obviously makes some people just dump them wherever they think they will get away with it. I dare say without this charge, maybe less would be just dumped wherever.

snorri

Legendary Member
Doing away with the van ban transfers the cost of waste disposal from the producer of the waste to the general tax payer, that can't be right.
:sad:

Top Bottom