Fly tipping bar stewards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
We often just stare in disbelief at the heaps of rubbish left around the lanes around the Darenth area. I do report it to Dartford council and it seems to get cleared up.
Community service for at least two years clearing up flytipped rubbish would be quite lenient considering the risk to human life that it poses.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A fixed £50,000 fine and mandatory prison sentence of 2 year, extended until such time as they actually pay the fine, might cool their enthusiasm for fly tipping.

The authorities have to catch them first.........

snorri

Legendary Member
It appears the assorted debris in the pic is not fly tipping in the usual sense, it looks likely the tipper is the tenant on the other side of the garden gate at which the rubbish is tipped. If the Council were to uplift it, as they will with fly tipping, then the tenant would get off scot free. Instead they should be on a charge under the Litter Act or some such thing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It appears the assorted debris in the pic is not fly tipping in the usual sense, it looks likely the tipper is the tenant on the other side of the garden gate at which the rubbish is tipped. If the Council were to uplift it, as they will with fly tipping, then the tenant would get off scot free. Instead they should be on a charge under the Litter Act or some such thing.
I'm not sure if you're commenting on my pics,but if you are i'll say this. The neighbours of those living in my old house aren't that bothered. In fact i commented the other month to them about the dumped household/building stuff. Their response was 'They're very quiet,so we don't complain'. I sometimes think i'm in the minority when it comes to finding back streets used as dumping grounds bad/annoying/unsightly,etc. The back street of where i used to live with the former Mrs Accy,who still happens to live there is also looking shabby these days. Three recycling bins don't help. They're supposed to be kept in the backyards,but many are in the back street. I've noticed rolled up rugs,paint tins,supermarket shopping bags full of household rubbish and other small items there recently. In fact more and more since i moved out. It's as if they know i've left and are letting their hair down with their nasty little dumping habits. The rubbish they dump could easily be kept in their yards till collection day,but i think some are very thick,but most get some perverse thrill out of sneakily dumping rubbish.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

From today’s ride, the inside is packed full of rubbish as well .

classic33

Leg End Member
Reported the council waste collection company for fly tipping, again.

Not every house has wheelie bins, so they use bags. These are moved to near the roadside, in one pile, and often as not just left there. They'll deal with the bins, but not bags. Choosing to leave them where they dropped them.

snorri

Legendary Member
The neighbours of those living in my old house aren't that bothered. In fact i commented the other month to them about the dumped household/building stuff. Their response was 'They're very quiet,so we don't complain'.
I was speaking to a friend recently in a similar situation, the neighbours would do anything to help day or night, but they dumped rubbish where they shouldn't. Sometimes we have to live and let live in the interests of peace and harmony:smile:.

Particularly when used tyres are big business, and the materials are sought after for kids playground surfaces, ultra quiet road toppings etc. The companies that make these products take them away for free. Councils that charge for taking them at the tip are profiteering...or not, once they spent time and resources cleaning up roadside mess. The idea that its costs these refuse companies money to dispose of them is a lie.

The companies that run tips, sorry, recylinng centres make an absolute fortune selling on the materials they collect. I know this as a friends son runs one. The cost of the final disposal of unrecyclable waste is a relatively tiny compared to the profits they make, and councils shouldn't let them charge for such things. They're making a huge income off the materials they collect, so to take a little rough with the enormous smooth would do them no harm at all.

If that's the case, why do the tips have so many restrictions on vehicle types and addresses? Wouldn't hey want as much as they could get?

There is one frustrating thing in that they often insist you are a local resident. It sounds fair enough, but then try and dump your 90+ aged Dad's rubbish you have to blag youre a resident or do a 100 mile round trip to the dump at home - how green is that ? Everyone's paying rates somewhere so what's the problem. If a visitor to Bristol gets his way lit by streetlights I don't feel the need to have them switched off till they've passed by. No doubt I can use his streetlights or council dump when I visit his town

Recently we were helping my dad have a bit of a clear out, Dad has a Panda, Black Ewe's car and my brother's car are both larger.
My brother got stopped going into the tip as he didn't have a permit for the local area, "Ah, yes, I bought the car a couple of days ago and the permit hasn't arrived yet" saw him through.

classic33

Leg End Member
If that's the case, why do the tips have so many restrictions on vehicle types and addresses? Wouldn't hey want as much as they could get?
To stop the commercial tipping/dumping of tyres.

Some tyre changing "companies" are able to offer low prices for fitting new tyres because they don't pay the commercial rate for recycling.

Top Bottom