Fly tipping bar stewards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
That’s no reason not to do it. It may take more than a few days though
I agree I will persist in future. In my defence although it is a narrow lane across farm land ,(the caravan was dumped in a passing place.)There are two industrial units in converted farm buildings located in the lane with large vehicles requiring access ,so presumably the operators of these sites will be inconvenienced enough to make a report, and there complaint will carry more weight than mine.

Thanks. Forgot to ring this morning saw some late yesterday. East Lindsay is very quick dealing with it. Just rung them. Bits of cars nothing of interest to me. Got a load of plastic downpipes a few months back, good for blanching leeks.

What utter ####ers! A friend of mine actually stopped and video'd somebody doing it a few years back and the first question from the Police was "did you have his permission to video him" :ohmy:

I think if they lift the van ban from the local tip though the problem 'may' decrease slightly.
I believe it's the council officer who deal with people who fly tip. Someone who appeared to be fly tipping was reported to the council. The council then sent a letter to the person whose land it was telling them they intended on prosecution.

If I find anything fly tipped off road, I move to the road (if I can). The council won't remove anything on private land, as in farmland. Rolled a barrel of oil out of a field onto the grass verge, then rung the council. Why should the farmer move it.

keithmac

Guru
Our Council run "Recycling Centre" don't take tyres full stop, commercial or private.

They charge for rubble as well now. I got charged £10 iirc for some builders buckets of rubble.

And they wonder why there's so much fly tipping going on..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Out on my daily walk this afternoon i saw this lot outside a shop. That squeegie mop looks in good nick! I could've taken it,but i didn't want anyone seeing me taking it and then thinking skip rat! I might pick it up tonight though, when out in my car.:secret:

1599751084953.png

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
A little off topic, but that photo of the mop reminded me of an incident at work when I spotted a wooden handled mop sticking out of the dustbin.
My first reaction was to ask myself why anyone would throw out a perfectly reusable mop handle. Unable to get an answer to that I assumed the cleaner had had a hissy fit and walked off the job sticking the mop in the bin as a final act of defiance.
The cleaner returned to work in the morning and when questioned regarding her extravagance in dumping a perfectly good mop handle she gave me one of those withering looks that only someone of a younger generation can do:biggrin:.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
that photo of the mop
It was still there when i drove past at 9.45m pm last night. I decided to leave it,thinking maybe a dog had pissed on the thing.:unsure:

Edit...Yes i know,it'd have to be a big/high dog and a male one at that!

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
How much more would you be happy to pay on your council tax for the skips to take more? After all the service costs us all. Personally I am happy with the recycling center we use and it seems to be run well. Maybe one improvement would be to allow people to take something home if they see a value in it, often I see something binned that could well be of use but the rules state it cannot be removed. When I owned a waste clearance business companies used to bid each year to scavenge the tips, that was down south and it does not seem to happen up here.

mustang1

Legendary Member
What utter ####ers! A friend of mine actually stopped and video'd somebody doing it a few years back and the first question from the Police was "did you have his permission to video him" :ohmy:

I think if they lift the van ban from the local tip though the problem 'may' decrease slightly.
But your friend wasn't videoing the fly tipper, he ws videoing the trees next to the fly tipper when the fly tipper dude came onto the scene.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Employ the system from America. The van goes to the dump yard and gets weighted on entering and then again on exiting. The difference in weight is calculated and a financial charge is requested depending on the weight difference.

keithmac

Guru
Employ the system from America. The van goes to the dump yard and gets weighted on entering and then again on exiting. The difference in weight is calculated and a financial charge is requested depending on the weight difference.

They do that for commercial waste, there is a weigh bridge at our local tip.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you're doing a job that the council charges for, should you get a refund on what you pay the council each time you visit the tip.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've made use of something that I found chucked at the side of the road.

Last year the TOB came down the A6 within 200m of my house, for a few days before it yellow signs were on lampposts warning of the road closures which made me think, 'they'd make a nice souvenir.'

Alas the day after they were all gone but a few months ago I walk past the main junction in town which has a piece of wasteland on one corner. Work has now been started on a block of flats which means it's been fenced off, and I spy something leaning against the outside of the fence.

Off I go making a mental note to return in a few days and see if it's still there, and luckily enough it is, it must have been slung over by the builders rather than put in a skip.

So here it is in all it's glory.

Top Bottom