Fly tipping bar stewards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Why does owning a van automatically turn household waste into commercial waste?

I've always had commercial type vehicles and always had a bit of grief dumping my own rubbish at the tip.

Why does owning a van automatically turn household waste into commercial waste?

I've always had commercial type vehicles and always had a bit of grief dumping my own rubbish at the tip.

Because it's easier to say no to all vans than check on eligibility according to the bloke at our tip. They also ban pick-up trucks very few of which are used commercially. There is no doubt that if they allowed vans the facility will be used/abused by many traders.

Slick

Guru
Because it's easier to say no to all vans than check on eligibility according to the bloke at our tip. They also ban pick-up trucks very few of which are used commercially. There is no doubt that if they allowed vans the facility will be used/abused by many traders.
Easier for them which is the exact same attitude as the fly tippers and so the problem goes on.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There is one frustrating thing in that they often insist you are a local resident. It sounds fair enough, but then try and dump your 90+ aged Dad's rubbish you have to blag youre a resident or do a 100 mile round trip to the dump at home - how green is that ? Everyone's paying rates somewhere so what's the problem. If a visitor to Bristol gets his way lit by streetlights I don't feel the need to have them switched off till they've passed by. No doubt I can use his streetlights or council dump when I visit his town

shornby

Regular
Just been for a spin with Mrs D (Farley Mount way for anyone local) and some lowlifes have fly tipped dozens of pieces of furniture, mattresses etc. along about three miles of country lane, I reckon they were in a large dropside type van with someone in the back chucking stuff off as they drove along as there's a bit every 50 yards or so. Grrrrrr!!!!!!
disgusting habit -- but watch these people they re nasty !

shornby

Regular
Council s need s to make their tips more accessible Ours was open late on one evening --- brill -- not any more

Easier for them which is the exact same attitude as the fly tippers and so the problem goes on.
Or just organised better.. Use the clean up team money to employ more people too.

I don't think that councils are doing a great job on tip facilities, including my local council who have merged three centres into one large one to save money, but they all have severe financial problems, with many priorities that are more important. Some recycling centres are only just large enough to cope at present and rebuilding them or moving them is not a priority.

I see nothing wrong with making traders pay for their rubbish, and all will have a facility local to them. The trouble is the low lifes who will dump rubbish illegally to make a bit more money. There are also many individuals who will dump small amounts of household waste rather than drive a few miles further to the tip.

keithmac

Guru
Particularly when used tyres are big business, and the materials are sought after for kids playground surfaces, ultra quiet road toppings etc. The companies that make these products take them away for free. Councils that charge for taking them at the tip are profiteering...or not, once they spent time and resources cleaning up roadside mess. The idea that its costs these refuse companies money to dispose of them is a lie.

The companies that run tips, sorry, recylinng centres make an absolute fortune selling on the materials they collect. I know this as a friends son runs one. The cost of the final disposal of unrecyclable waste is a relatively tiny compared to the profits they make, and councils shouldn't let them charge for such things. They're making a huge income off the materials they collect, so to take a little rough with the enormous smooth would do them no harm at all.

We get charged £1 a tyre I believe for certified disposal, took 300 used ones last week!.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Out on my walk this aft',i thought i'd have a look down my old mum and dad's backstreet. I think he'd turn in his grave if he saw the state of it now! He was forever sweeping it and picking up the odd dropped tin and stuff. Just look at the state of it now! And it's like this all the way down,not just outside where they lived! Plebs are prepared to live in their own rubbish these days. Those living in 'our' old house have dumped this,not someone else.:thumbsdown:

Even the back gate my dad made is falling to pieces. Never mind,they have a nice sky satellite dish on the wall,so they can take in all the crap that 'modern living' has to offer. Get your priorities right eh?! :headshake:

1599578021843.png

1599578225703.png

1599578427044.png

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Out on my walk this aft',i thought i'd have a look down my old mum and dad's backstreet. I think he'd turn in his grave if he saw the state of it now! He was forever sweeping it and picking up the odd dropped tin and stuff. Just look at the state of it now! And it's like this all the way down,not just outside where they lived! Plebs are prepared to live in their own rubbish these days. Those living in 'our' old house have dumped this,not someone else.:thumbsdown:

Even the back gate my dad made is falling to pieces. Never mind,they have a nice sky satellite dish on the wall,so they can take in all the crap that 'modern living' has to offer. Get your priorities right eh?! :headshake:

View attachment 546077

View attachment 546079

View attachment 546080
I make a point of never going back for the reasons you describe above.

The fact is, the place was minted when your old man had it and that's it, we're all guilty of it to some degree.

Top Bottom