Fly tipping bar stewards!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
More than likely stolen by travellers & stripped of anything of value.

Yup.
It looks like quite a modern caravan underneath all that dirt.
It was probably someones pride and joy who did not follow rule number one.
Fit tracker(s), alarm(s) & lock(s).

mustang1

Guru
If you're doing a job that the council charges for, should you get a refund on what you pay the council each time you visit the tip.
Yes one should get a refund. But one will not.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Two scumbags here caught dumping rubbish.

1600966328250.png

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12757512/fly-tipper-karate-kicks-mobile-phone-caught-dumping-rubbish/ When they realised they were being filmed they turned nasty. Luckily their mugs are on camera and also their van's number plate!!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anybody recognise this van and it’s markings from anywhere ? Dumped a load of tyres down our street's back alley at 9:35 am today

1628286592272.png

Taken off a local facebook page this evening. Bastards.....this is the back alley of where i lived with the former Mrs Accy and she still lives there. I spent 24 years patrolling that back alley,looking out for skanks who chucked bin bags out and other rubbish. In my younger days i'd go out when dark and chuck their crap back over their walls. If i was feeling really brave i'd do it in the day-time and wait for a confrontation.:boxing: I'm glad i'm not living there now as this would really get to me!!:sad:

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Anybody recognise this van and it’s markings from anywhere ? Dumped a load of tyres down our street's back alley at 9:35 am today

View attachment 603014

Taken off a local facebook page this evening. Bastards.....this is the back alley of where i lived with the former Mrs Accy and she still lives there. I spent 24 years patrolling that back alley,looking out for skanks who chucked bin bags out and other rubbish. In my younger days i'd go out when dark and chuck their crap back over their walls. If i was feeling really brave i'd do it in the day-time and wait for a confrontation.:boxing: I'm glad i'm not living there now as this would really get to me!!:sad:
Can't help you there, but hopefully the picture and evidence has been sent the relevant authorities.

Also, a mention to the OP, the late Dave Davenport. 😔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"This is more or less legal. So can’t blame them. Worse case scenario they get caught and get a £200 if they don’t get caught they are quids in. £200 fine to get rid of all those tyres is a top price"
1f926_1f3fc_200d_2642.png
1f602.png

This is one of the comments about the tyres being dumped. This prick was done a few years ago for dumping building rubbish down back alleys and on country lanes. He's a real up himself twat! A few months ago he posted about someone's dog attacking his, which i find hard to believe as he has a chav Bull Mastiff object. He said he wanted to find the female owner of the other dog so he could quote "Punch her lights out"! He's thick as pig shoot and twice as nasty! Now,if only someone could dump loads of crap on his drive!:whistle:

Last edited:

the snail

Guru
Being a tight git is no excuse, but surely the local council's need to accept that the cost of sending out a clean up team is going to be a lot more than the cost of them lifting the van ban and refusing to take tyres etc..
They don't ban vans and they take tyres (around here at least), but you have to pay. Some of the stuff I see dumped looks like domestic waste - I think people are just too lazy to take it to the tip.

vickster

Legendary Member
They don't ban vans and they take tyres (around here at least), but you have to pay. Some of the stuff I see dumped looks like domestic waste - I think people are just too lazy to take it to the tip.
Our local council have decided to limit each household to 12 tip visits a year, this will no doubt get worse.
It does however mean that you’ll be able to get a slot more easily (since Covid all visits have to be booked in advance online for a specific 15 min window)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was out on a sunny evening ride earlier and spotted 2 young men dumping bags of rubble out of the back of their van in a country lane. I was a bit worried that I would get into a fight with them about it but that danger disappeared when they saw me heading towards them, jumped back in the van, and sped off - but not before I got their vehicle registration number. As soon as they were out of sight I dictated the number into my phone. I won't post what it is but I just checked that I have the the right number - I do - so I will report them to Rochdale council tomorrow. (I tried just now but the council will not allow a report on the day that the incident took place!!! :wacko:)

ALSO - the vehicle is not taxed so I will report the antisocial prats for that too.

Maybe nothing will be done about it, but at least I will have done what I can.

I was out on a sunny evening ride earlier and spotted 2 young men dumping bags of rubble out of the back of their van in a country lane. I was a bit worried that I would get into a fight with them about it but that danger disappeared when they saw me heading towards them, jumped back in the van, and sped off - but not before I got their vehicle registration number. As soon as they were out of sight I dictated the number into my phone. I won't post what it is but I just checked that I have the the right number - I do - so I will report them to Rochdale council tomorrow. (I tried just now but the council will not allow a report on the day that the incident took place!!! :wacko:)

ALSO - the vehicle is not taxed so I will report the antisocial prats for that too.

Maybe nothing will be done about it, but at least I will have done what I can.

I have a camera for miscreant drivers but do hope I can catch a fly tipper in action.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A thread going full circle in a way that no one would want - I was riding past Dave Davenport’s memorial today near Farley Mount and someone had seen fit to dump a washing machine next to it. Some people are just scum.

Top Bottom