FlyCamOne2 - a sub-£50 helmet cam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Iceniner said:
To be fair ,the quality is really pretty good! How do you think it compares to the AT2K on original footage quality? Obviously size is a bonus. The audio was better than expected too. Is it out of the wind where you've placed it?

Iceniner,

I think the pic quality was better than the ATC, but the ATC is much more rugged (and waterproof), easier to use, better battery life etc. However, there are some workarounds for this unit. For example with knowhow you could attach a battery pack to it.

I will post a more detailed 'first impressions' over the next few days.

I am off on holiday next week (no travel just a break which I am badly in need of!). So no commutes for me, but I'll still be popping in of course! :biggrin:

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

I've just put up the original video. Please be gentle - it's 12Mb in size.

Download it here

:?: Oops! As the camera weighs a microgram or two I kinda forgot that I left it in the pocket of my shorts. Thus it ended up in a 40C cycle yesterday morning! :biggrin:

After leaving it to dry for while I thought I would give it a go. Nothing. I plugged it into the PC and the LCD would light up, but the battery didn't appear to charge. It appeared that the battery had died:sad:. As a last resort I opened it up (pretty easy) and wiggled a few bits about. I didn't expect much.

To my surprise, it is working again!:ohmy::biggrin:

So it isn't waterproof, but it survives the washing machine........

Top Bottom