England : London FNRaLT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

I hope the regular FNRttC don't mind me starting this thread :excl:

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a slight variation and maybe having a FRRaLT (friday night ride around/across London Town) ride series? It could be based on the "Nightrider" charity ride where the start/finish point is the same place and you ride a loop around and/or across London.

I'm sure there are many others like me would love to do the FNRttC but for any number of reasons cannot take part but may be more inclined to take part in a more local ride.

Meeting at HPC for 11-30pm/Midnight would still be an ideal starting point and a distance of say 80-100k would still make a sunrise (Summer Hours) ride home & you'd be back in your home in time for breakfast.

Does this idea have legs or is a new Lance Armstrong TDF win more likely?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've done a Nightrider. I'd happily do one on a smaller scale.

robgul

Legendary Member
I'm sure he'd be flattered at the idea . . . Bill Carnaby's London Sightseer Audax . . . but ridden at night would be interesting.

It's a fascinating route, just over 100km, with loads of London sights (as the name implies) - Bill runs it on a Wednesday in the middle of the summer and then on a Sunday in September ... I must have ridden it 5 or 6 times now, same route but a different experience every time - at least 4 times on fixed.

I'd be up for the ride .. not in the winter though!

Rob

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I like the idea, I would be really interested in doing this and getting involved with helping if its needed.
If the name is not considered acceptable, what about :-

LE'RaLT
"Late Evening Ride across London Town"

This has the added advantage of not restricting the day or the start time :thumbsup: although I personally don't mind FNRaLT either myself. I'm just responding because it appears not everyone feels this way.

I don't mind as long as you call it something else......
There's a flippin' names register too! :smile:
FNR Ferredoxin NADP+ Reductase
FNR False Negative Rate
FNR For No Reason
FnR Find and Replace
FNR Ford Nuclear Reactor
FNR Future Net Revenue
FNR Friday Night Ride
FNR Flexible Numbering Register
FNR Full Needle Rib (knitting)
FNR Fixed Network Reconfiguration
FNR Final Notice of Recommendation (education)
FNR Frequency Normalization Response (RF tuner gain calibration technique)
FNR Fumarate Nitrate Reductase Regulation
FNR Fast Neutron Reactor
FNR Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe (German: Agency for Renewable Resources)
FNR Funk Night Records (record label)
FNR Forestry and Natural Resources (various universities)
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FNR
I looked this up...FNR (for no reason) IP (in particular)

wanda2010

Guru
Teef, you don't have enough work to do? ^_^

...although I personally don't mind FNRaLT either myself. I'm just responding because it appears not everyone feels this way.
This is a legal issue - Dellzeqq owns the names "Friday Night Ride to the Coast" and the almost-as-well-known abbreviation FNRttC, so he's entitled to ask organisers of other rides to refrain from using derivatives of those. Just sayin'.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
This is a legal issue - Dellzeqq owns the names "Friday Night Ride to the Coast" and the almost-as-well-known abbreviation FNRttC, so he's entitled to ask organisers of other rides to refrain from using derivatives of those. Just sayin'.

I was not aware it was a legally registered trade mark, copyright or term and the website makes not mention of this either. So I expect I can be forgiven for not knowing this.
Equally I stated that I had no problem with it, and that not everyone feels this way, which is correct for what ever reason they have. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom