England : London FNRaLT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Friday Night Amble Around Romford =Fnaar :smile:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd be well up for whatever this ride ends up being named. I was at a friend's house in Hackney on Saturday night, left some time around 1am and it was absolute bliss riding home through an almost deserted city, across the wobbly bridge and along the southbank without having to dodge traffic and tourists. I even managed to convince him to stay out a bit longer as we were in no hurry and pottered around St James' Park, through Victoria and Chelsea and finally Battersea and home for about 3.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I hope the regular FNRttC don't mind me starting this thread :excl:

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a slight variation and maybe having a FRRaLT (friday night ride around/across London Town) ride series? It could be based on the "Nightrider" charity ride where the start/finish point is the same place and you ride a loop around and/or across London.

I'm sure there are many others like me would love to do the FNRttC but for any number of reasons cannot take part but may be more inclined to take part in a more local ride.

Local? Local to who?

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Apart from the displeasure of Dellzegg and those minor copyright issues don't you think FNRaLT limits your adventures and maybe LNRaLT Late Night Ride around/across London Town might be more suitable or even just London Nightriders? I am sure they won't mind????

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
lol is the name really important ?
it is to me. The Fridays have spent seven years building something that offers an assurance. The FNRttC has earned a reputation. I'm not happy about people leeching off it. Start a night ride and build your own reputation.

I do publicise the Reading CTC night rides because they're well-run, covered by insurance and impeccably researched.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It isn't complicated- don't call it an FNRttC or suggest that it is anything to do with the Fridays. For example, the Portsmuthian posse's London-Southsea jaunt last September was billed as 'a midnight excursion', and 2011's ride-before-the-architectural-tour was 'Not A Friday Night Festive Seasonal Ride to the Coast' (apart from being on a Wednesday...).

wanda2010

Guru
Hey Mallory! Where've you gone to? Come back and stop the thread derailment.

Kies' suggestion is a good one. My question remains: where we eating/drinking at the end? :popcorn::smile:

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
lol is the name really important ? :
Very! If it's a Friday's event , then I know what I'm getting , how its run, who will be there ... I've already invested in the brand , I trust it. If someone is running the same sort of event with a similar name they are leeching from the brand and risk damaging it. If for instance after hearing me enthuse about the Fridays London ride and the Fridays night ride to Swansea and how good they are , that someone might turn up to a night ride in London on a Friday and expect the same experience I have described. They won't get it.

Trickedem

Guru
I'm up for this. Would the route allow this to be done on a Boris Bike? I quite fancy doing this, but would also
allow wider participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom