FNRttC FNRtC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Due to saying 'yes' to house sitting for friends in Kent I won't be able to join you merry peeps for this year's trip to Paris. So not to waste my bike space I spoke to LD Lines today who said if I emailed them with my booking number they would be happy to transfer the space to another passenger if I have their booking number too.

So bike space goes to the first person who PMs me with their booking number!!!!!

wanda2010

Guru
I'm now out for the HPC/Newhaven leg as I'm having furniture delivered the following Friday and need the day off.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So this time next week.. there just might be a wee bit of squiffyness going on... Excited muchly!
No Davy. We are going to be sober because we're having a couple of days cycling around Northern France. We can't do that if we're drinking dirty beer.

There I've said it in front of witnesses. If anything other than this happens it will be your fault Mr DW.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The ones from your ears?
Oi! I have my ears tweezered every week

Wobblers

Euthermic
Why do I get the feeling you're not taking my commitment to cycling the Dieppe environs seriously?
:rolleyes:

That may be something to do with the plans I overheard you hatch with Davy on the Southend ride, which were to find the bar on the ferry for a a bit of post-ride recuperation, find another bar once you got to Dieppe for a post voyage debrief, dump the bikes at the hotel and then spend the rest of the day drinking lunch and dinner at a bar.

It's fortunate you have such a high alcohol tolerance, and aren't affected in the slightest by, say a long overnight bike ride without sleep.

What could possibly go wrong? :whistle:

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's fortunate you have such a high alcohol tolerance, and aren't affected in the slightest by, say a long overnight bike ride without sleep.
ONCE. Ok, once. I got a little bit the worse for wear and everyone just keeps going on about it. My alcohol tolerance will be fine (although feel a little a bit delicate at the mo xx( ) .

Now as Blackadder said, fetch me some of my extra strong beer.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
My plan is to ride down and then ride home. We have people staying for the weekend so I ought to be at home instead of in a French bar getting bladdered with mates, unfortunately.

Wobblers

Euthermic
ONCE. Ok, once. I got a little bit the worse for wear and everyone just keeps going on about it. My alcohol tolerance will be fine (although feel a little a bit delicate at the mo xx( ) .

Now as Blackadder said, fetch me some of my extra strong beer.

As I seem to remember, your excuse at the time was that normally you'd be fine, but you, ahem, suffered unduly as a result of the lack of sleep.

So it's just as well you're not doing a night ride or anything beforehand this time, isn't it? :thumbsup:

I'm just concerned. Concerned I won't be there to witness it that is.

martint235

Dog on a bike
As I seem to remember, your excuse at the time was that normally you'd be fine, but you, ahem, suffered unduly as a result of the lack of sleep.

So it's just as well you're not doing a night ride or anything beforehand this time, isn't it? :thumbsup:

I'm just concerned. Concerned I won't be there to witness it that is.
Don't you have an ankle to rest or something???

And it's only a little night time ride. It'll be fine I'm telling you!!

Top Bottom