FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable

This could be a toughie. If it's dry and cold we might go back to the original route down to Dartford, and add a loop to Coolham. If it's wet it will be a real test, whichever way we go. Feeling tough? FNRttC tough? Make that call.

Andrij

Über Member
Yep, feeling tough. But the sandals have now been retired until next year.

Well, only so far as night rides are concerned. :sad:

TimO

Guru
I'll have to spoil Simon's list of top-rated-crew by also saying yes please. :sad:

It'll be interesting to see what the weather does, so far it's been pretty mild of the time of year. I could have got away with just my long sleeved Ground-Effect Merino and shorts for this weekend's FNRttC, but ended up using the tights and fleece as well, since I had them. I suspect that later in the month the temperatures will have dropped a bit lower.

Let's have millions of punctures! Tim O has the most elegant pump which looked so cool you could have turned topcat's Assos and Rapha into Lidl remnants at a stroke...
Unfortunately, in a show of muscle, Adam used his pump to break the valve tip off inflate Claudine's inner tube :smile: and Tim's proffered style object was refused - much as I wanted to have a go. 10/10 Tim. :sad:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tim's one of those people who has a skill, and, because he has it, he's forgotten it's a skill. Most people are awful at fixing punctures. If he fixes a puncture (and the same can be said of Aperitif or BigSteev) the puncturee will reap the benefit when they next puncture.

There's a chap in the Cheam and Morden who is about 74 and not muscular. He can get a tyre back on a rim without levers. Any tyre, any rim.

Adrian C
Andrij B
Martin F
Tim O
Marilyn B
Andy A
John C

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Andy A will come to play.

So, we're setting off at the stroke of midnight, as Britain (and the rest of UTC/GMT) enters Halloween. I trust there will be costumes?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it would take a bit of work - but it's more about endurance than anything else. We're looking at close on 80 miles in what might be perishing cold, and mist besides.

Top Bottom