FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
So on this occasion you had to take a bicycle on a train related bus, as opposed to the normal approach where you're specifically forbidden from doing it. That's a novelty. What's the capacity of the bus for bicycles?

Looking at Google maps, I could have gone out the main exit, and cycled on the external roads, but it would have taken longer. I might try that on a later WARTY ride in daylight, purely so that I can have a look at the Olympic building site.

Both ticket checkers at Stratford London said I couldn't cycle on the internal link road and had to take the bus, so when I checked with the bus driver, he smiled and said I definitely could put the bike on!

The bus could probably take 2 -3 bikes in the little luggage bay in the middle before you start getting in the way.

Anyway, that aspect of the transport arrangements won't be relevant for normal use of the HS1 to & from Kent, as this exercise was purely for getting back from the WARTY ride and saving me 30 minutes or so, in not having to go to Liverpool Street, and then cycle up to St. Pancras.

Top Bottom