FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aperitif said:
My bike arrived, covered in merde...User10571's machine, and Alan's come to that - were pristine during and after the sortie. Is there some sort of spray one can purchase or is it just 'one of those things'? (Matt of this parish has been found guilty polishing his 'Plug' during a ride, it has to be said...)

The trick is to give your trusty steed a good going over before hand. I've got a big can of aircraft polish that I use, but some prefer baby oil ...........

mike e

arallsopp said:
Its not as if the dirt had time to stick, given how often your bike was turned wheel(s) up;)

That's a cruel dig at poor Adrian, having said that I think I saw quite a lot of the underside of Adrians bike over the course of the night...;)

Tim Hall

What you need is New! Improved! Dirt-Away.

(From the makers of Egg Begone, another fine User10571-Co product. The cleanliness of your bike may go up or down. Past shinieness is no indication of future gleaming)

Or get a tattooed beat messiah to clean your steed for you.

And yes, I have sinister tendencies.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I find that dirt simply slides off my bike.....(examines fingernails, whistles lightly)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Great videos, Gentlemen!

I enjoyed this one immensely, despite the fact that my keen desire to have a go at the SMRbtL was thwarted by MikeE not really feeling up to it and having to steady himself with a few morning pints. We felt obliged to keep him company. And talking of disappointments, there was a whispered rumour at Hyde Park Corner that we might be joined by a certain august citizen of P&L of whom I am immoderately fond. Simon will testify that my disappointment at this particular no-show knew no bounds...

But let's not dwell on these heartbreaking blots on what was otherwise a night of wondrous and eerie delights. Despite the much talked-about puncture delays, waymarking was a particularly light burden on this one because of the childish delight that inevitably attended the apearance of Andy's ghost wagon, its manic illuminated grin at the prow and shredded Miss-Havisham garments streaming behind.

Bludge seemed to think I was behind his first puncture, and proposed throwing me in this to see if sank or floated. I escaped by causing him another puncture with the evil eye and doing a runner while he fixed it.

Fine company as always - particularly nice to chat to Ian and to meet MarinYork. Thanks Sig for the timely and delicious cherry cake, and thanks Simon, Adrian, User10571 and of course the TECs once again for making it all happen, and happen in style.

mike e

Claudine, I think you'll find there was a SMRbtL:-

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47449

And although at one point you was full of beans and ready to ride...
vcbqs.jpg

It soon went downhill...
24cy7go.jpg

At least I waited until the train for my nap...:angry:

mike e said:
Claudine, I think you'll find there was a SMRbtL:-

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47449

And although at one point you was full of beans and ready to ride...
vcbqs.jpg

It soon went downhill...
24cy7go.jpg

At least I waited until the train for my nap...:angry:

At least I waited until the train for my nap...:biggrin:

In the best interests of FNRttC equality of reportage, I can only submit the following evidence M'lud. Standing up too! - no 'resting post' like conventional humans...

9bdu3a.jpg

I'm glad you got the blame for the mass bail out mikee! :biggrin:

mike e

marinyork said:
Thanks for a good ride :angry:.
There was a reason for this brief reply. Unfortunately marinyork's computer has some sort of problem and is in bit's hence he had to reply on a friends mobile phone. I am sure given access to a fully working computer we could have been treated to a full and frank account of the ride...

In the meantime with the use of smilies here go's...

HPC:biggrin:, The Mallxx(, Embankmentxx(, London Bridgexx(, Bermondseyxx(, etc, etc

Aperitif said:
In mitigation, it was a tiring ride - I got back to my bed and slept for eight hours solid...unknown!
I didn't even make it to bed. Got home at 8pm after feeding Red, made a cuppa sat down and that was it. Woke up sunday with a full mug still sitting there.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom