FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthew b

my second ride with the crew and hugely enjoyable it was too...to think I'd been ready to bail on weather grounds :smile:...really appreciate the excellent organisation and the great camaraderie...can't make next month but will definitely look to join some rides in the new year

M

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Another cracking ride, despite the best efforts of the pun***re fairies to delay our arrival at the cafes.

Other people will post better ride reports than I can manage, so you'll have to make do with a few pictures...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdSAmW2V_4

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
very nice. As we can see from the photographs taken in southeast London there was a bit of hanging around.

What do people think of the clouds at 1.45?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent pics arthur.
To start the night off I met Arallsop in Bromley for the run in to HPC. Following his ghostly contraption through South London, (Catford, New Cross, Peckham etc al watching the reactions of various pub goers, revellers and general all round usual South London F*** Ups was hilarious. Cycling past busses was a highlight.. the head was perfect hight to the windows on the bus..a few drunks on their way home must have wondered what they 'might' had just seen.... And who would have guessed that we would bump into Michael Jackson..(he's not looking good these days).

I got to Andys Cafe in Rochester second.. for my 2 rounds of bacon baguettes. (What really nice people who run the place are)
I got to the Cafe at Whitstable second again, this time for my full English brekkie (beaten by Will)
Claudine and myself drafting Stuaff on the run in to Whitstable was jolly good fun... a marvelous piece of early morning cycling on flat deserted roads.. cheers Stu, we got some good speed going there..a joy.

Mike e, you Norvern nutter.. but luvs ya mate.. really do... trying to convince the lady's to open the bar 5 minutes early was hilarious (hey, your clock is 5 minutes wrong, I'm on Northern time.. And it's New-Carsal right!!)
And Claudine.. you are bloody encourageable...
So me and Arallsopp after breakfast said, ok let's give it half an hour then cycle back.. but no didn't work like that did it? 4 pints later and train it was... lightweights we are ;)

Puncture... a 1 inch nail.. agggghhh
And the noise from one of Adrians punctures was pretty impressive.

Another great FNRttC.. Cheers Simon and everybody. It truly was a great ride.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Yes it was an excellent night,
1puro0.jpg

i like a good skull
jkd16u.jpg

Good to see Brian (superstar) Marinyork Will1985 who towed me to
Canterbury to get the train,thanks Will.

I was very tired so all of that stopping for p****** actually helped
make it easier for me.

No ones heart was set on riding back, and for me 10am is too early to
start drinking. So Will and i set off for Canterbury.

Thanks guys mike adam User10571 adrian tim martin and simon and all the mobile
sign posters and sig for the cake.

http://tinypic.com/a/1eluq/3

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nice shots there TC and Arthur. And Sig's cake was indeed splendid. Ian, I'm pretty sure there were a few (just a few, including Will of course) at the Waterfront before us...but we were definitely amongst the first...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
MY rolling average was 13.45mph according to my computer

The Jogger said:
Looks like an excellent time, what do you think the average speed was?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
sorry Stu, meant to say got my food second.. :smile:

StuAff said:
Nice shots there TC and Arthur. And Sig's cake was indeed splendid. Ian, I'm pretty sure there were a few (just a few, including Will of course) at the Waterfront before us...but we were definitely amongst the first...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
ianrauk said:
MY rolling average was 13.45mph according to my computer

Mine must have been about the same- apart from that burst at the end, I spent most of my time up the front, and when I'd been wayfinding the pace at the back was nippy as well.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Nice shots Dave.

I'm particularly enjoying this one. I'm not chasing them, I swear. No matter how rewarding it was to pop up over unexpecting shoulders.
2469zcx.jpg

Also these are utterly stunning shots!
13zbw40.jpg

206gbqg.jpg

And Arthur, extraordinary work as always. Deepest thanks for your gentlemanly behaviour. We'd both been eyeing up the same soundtrack, and he very graciously let me call dibs.

Here's the resulting vid:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUH8roRavPE

Top Bottom