FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the skies won't be clear, but if we keep moving, and clear out of Andy's Cafe in fairly short order we may stay dry. Any thought of a diversion to Cooling has been abandoned.

I think punctures and mechanicals are the key. Avoid these, roll in to Rochester at 3.25 and out again at just after 4.....

By the way the completely bonkers road works in Faversham is still going on (and on and on and on) but the length of pavement walking has now been reduced. At the current rate of progress they'll be finished in time for the Olympics.

redjedi

Über Member
Have fun everyone, wish I could be there.
I have good memories of the last ride to Whitstable, well a memory the rest is a drunken blur. :whistle:

But there's been far too much talk of trains, rain and..... walking??

Andrij

Über Member
redjedi said:
Have fun everyone, wish I could be there.
I have good memories of the last ride to Whitstable, well a memory the rest is a drunken blur. :whistle:

But there's been far too much talk of trains, rain and..... walking??

Friday Night Ramble to the Coast?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
the skies won't be clear, but if we keep moving, and clear out of Andy's Cafe in fairly short order we may stay dry. Any thought of a diversion to Cooling has been abandoned.

I think punctures and mechanicals are the key. Avoid these, roll in to Rochester at 3.25 and out again at just after 4.....

That's the plan. I made myself late for work today with a last-minute decision to change the tyres. I was going to post a thread in Commuting about the number of punctures caused to lightweight tyres by Crepidula fornicata, but something tells me it might not be quite the hot topic I imagined...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Martin F
Mike E
Nathan
Marilyn B
Thomas F
John C
Andrew A
Ian A
Rachael W
Clive B
Dan B
Arthur C
Lee 1010
Tim Hall
John E
Stuart A
Chris B
User10571 B
Pippa G
Eddie C
Paul R
Louise L
Stuart G
Claudine C
Adam B
John G
Will 1985
Sig E
Tanya G
Alastair Mac
Andrew B
Des O'D
Paul C
Charles E
Dan W
James R
Andrew T
Dave F
Emma D
Matthew B
Dave J
Alan L - now if there is a man who runs the Mysterious Pavel close for late registrations - it is he!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
picture.php

Snuffly as hell, but certainly coming.

Ps. Due home by 1500hrs tomorrow, so can't lose too long at the bar. And yes, am hoping to ride back. We'll see what time this cold goes to bed.

mike e

Simon,

Sorry for late reply, my +1 is not happening, unless someone at Hull train station with a bike fancies a ride out...

See you all soon,

mike

TimO

Guru
Just to sodden down the predictions a bit more, I've managed to avoid wet FNRttCs on all bar one occasion, although to be fair, there haven't been that many wet ones.

Have a good ride everyone. Abandoning preemptively seems to have been a good idea. After a day at work I'm ready to sleep already, I don't think I would have lasted the night! It does seem that you are now seriously lacking in the Tims department though, nary a one to be seen.

Top Bottom