FNRttC FNRttC 30th October to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Andrij B
Martin F
Tim O
Mike E
+1
Marilyn B
Andy A
John C
Andrew A
Ian A
Rachael W
Clive B
Dan B
Arthur C
Lee 1010
Tim Hall
John E
Stuart A
Daniel P
Chris B
User10571 B
Pippa G
Eddie C
Paul R
Louise L
Stuart G
Claudine C
Andrea W?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Count me in please, Simon. And Andrea-with-a-question-mark. I'm working on it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Aperitif said:
Is that Andrea 'Would-y'?...just asking. :thumbsup:

:ohmy: Yup. She's being a bit wimpy about the weather. Which is fairly ridiculous, as she's currently considering a job with the British Antarctic Survey.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
all in Century Gothic now - I'd copied part of the list from Excel

An interesting choice! I love it in print, but I'm not convinced it works on screen*

*Sometimes I worry that I'm this boring in person as well. I really think that Verdana only looks good in 8pt.

I can't wait to meet mikee's mate Monsieur Plusone...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
If anybody is about can anyone tell me how long it takes to ride from King's Cross/St Pancras to Hyde Park Corner please? Or even an approximate guess. I know it is about 4 miles but have no experience of cycling in central london.

Thanks in advance.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
marinyork said:
If anybody is about can anyone tell me how long it takes to ride from King's Cross/St Pancras to Hyde Park Corner please? Or even an approximate guess. I know it is about 4 miles but have no experience of cycling in central london.

Thanks in advance.

You coming down for the FNRttC then? Cool. My guess is about 20 mins.

marinyork

theclaud said:
You coming down for the FNRttC then? Cool. My guess is about 20 mins.

Thanks. I am. After a few months of reading these threads and meeting people like Topcat1, MacBludgeon, mike e etc I decided I should get round the country a bit more, or rather get back round the country a bit more.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
twenty minutes should do it - you should book to arrive in London before 23.15.

Chances are you won't be the only one. Why not pm Mike e and Flying Dodo and see if they're coming in to London on the train that night? It's the kind of ride that's best done in company the first time.

marinyork

What about exactly 23:15? I am aware of the time issue. There are other trains, like I can go up to Doncaster or get a much earlier train but I wasn't exactly sure what you can do in central London for 2 or 3 hours. Mike e was quite helpful about what sort of times home after the SMRbtl.

P.S. Dellzeqq you have a PM containing something you wanted.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
23.15 means you HPC at about 11.40, which is muster time, so any time before that is good. I think there's a direct train from Sheffield to St. Pancras that arrives at about 23.15

Top Bottom