FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable

The Whitstable run at this time of year is a different (and hopefully drier) thing from one in early June. Sunrise is at about 20 past 6, which, with luck, will see us just east of Sittingbourne on one of the nicest stretches of road that the FNRttC travels down.

That means we cross the marshes before Rochester in darkness, which adds a touch of drama, and see the beginnings of dawn on the road through Upchurch and Halstow. Of course it could all go pear-shaped - we could get ahead of ourselves and then suffer eight punctures in Sittingbourne, greeting the new day in an Asda car park.

There'll be a recce ride, probably during the week, either this week or the week immediately before the ride proper - if any of you have a day free then pm me. I might even be up for a nighttime recce ride. I think the route will probably be as last time - taking the flat roads through Erith rather than the hillier A2 down to Dartford.

So - we have entries already. I'm afraid Kats was just a little shy of being the first to sign up two months in a row. I'll discuss this with User10571, but I'd have thought the limit would be about 70, and I don't think we'll reach that.

Marilyn B
Louise L
Katsura I
Barry J
Andrij B
Peter W
Adrian C
Matt L
Martin S
Clive B
Tim O
Andy C
Stuart A
John G
Matthew ?
Els V
William C
Jo H

Andrij

Über Member
Me. please. I'm off to send the official email...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
think of it as done - I only need e-mails from regulars if they've changed phone numbers or e-mail addresses.

TimO

Guru
I think the only way to guarantee being the first on the list, is probably to start the thread a few days before the previous ride. :biggrin:

More importantly, please put me down on your little list Mr Legg, the Whitstable ride is a nice one.

Shamelessly admitting to whistling/humming/ da-de-dah-ing what I know of Beethoven's Pastoral at every opportunity since I heard it used in Charlotte's Video...there's only one thing for it - watch again!

"Doctor, every time I see little red LEDs winking at me, I start whistling Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony."
"Ah! You are displaying the classic symptoms of FNR addiction - you really must learn to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner".

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes please Simon. Number and email as per usual. The 'full shift at work then FNRttC' experiment worked out fine (notwithstanding the lack of pre-ride catnap etc) so I can say with reasonable certainty that this one will be OK for me. Keen to complete the set of routes anyway...
O, don't let him forget the cake if you want it :biggrin: That's not a dig by any means, I had a more than splendid time regardless, and I think my calorific intake was enough already.
And yes, n+1 (collected today) will be receiving its FNR debut. Runs a treat.

mike e

Simon,

Gutted I cannot make this ride (family wedding) so can I be the first to register for the October ride. Also, since I cannot make the official ride I could make up (sort of) by riding the recce. However to be able to book a nice cheapo fare I need to be quick, like now!!

I can book for Wednesday 2nd September arrive KX 09:17 and leave KX at 20:30. Would this allow enough time? would this suit with you?

Alternatively I could make it down on Wednesday night for a midnight ride returning home on Thursday morning? this suit better, too near to Friday? can't make earlier in the week as I am away in the Lake District.

mike e

Apologies for not PM'ing, just re-read your thread. Still not quite with it today, realized earlier too when I nearly walked into the patio door before noticing it was in fact closed:biggrin:

Top Bottom