FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
Following wind...

If it's anything like the westerly I battled home against today, we'll be in Whitstable by about 4am. What time do the oyster-sellers open? And can a pint of stout be found at that hour? Perhaps Stu could carry four pints of it down there, in place of the usual orange-juice?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
theclaud said:
If it's anything like the westerly I battled home against today, we'll be in Whitstable by about 4am. What time do the oyster-sellers open? And can a pint of stout be found at that hour? Perhaps Stu could carry four pints of it down there, in place of the usual orange-juice?

Nope, I'm teetotal....

BigSteev

Wind seemed a bit lighter this morning, though still in the right direction. I'm aiming to be in the Vic* for some...errr......'pre-ride carbo loading' from about 9.

*local establishment well known in skating circles.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
BigSteev said:
Wind seemed a bit lighter this morning, though still in the right direction. I'm aiming to be in the Vic* for some...errr......'pre-ride carbo loading' from about 9.

*local establishment well known in skating circles.

I just ate about six serious Viennese biscuits. I'm starting early.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Long day at work today, tailing a long week. Bah... I'm coming though. Oh yes. Gotta rig the camera, charge the batteries, clear the card, check the bike, and bring cash for a rail ticket.
Yes. The mighty ape, ILB, and myself are pushing new boundaries.
Time to find this 'train' of which they speak.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Right. It's gone a bit quiet round here. I reckon they're all off having a snooze. Cheats. See you later.

I'm off to sleep on the train...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
There all out buying brollies...;):biggrin::biggrin:

Your just jealous your be at a wedding with copious amounts of booze and not with your cycling chummies with copious amounts of booze... :biggrin:

And currently in West London, the sun is shinning!

Origamist

Legendary Member
I've just had a slice of carrot cake, a triple-choc cookie and a fresh cream finger (aperitif, please eschew the ribald pun opportunity;)).

Looking forward to tonight...

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
Your just jealous your be at a wedding with copious amounts of booze and not with your cycling chummies with copious amounts of booze... :smile:

And currently in West London, the sun is shinning!

Fair play, you got me sussed, but if I can't ride I might as well join in on the banter...

And currently in West Hull, the sun is non-existant! ;)&:biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
Fair play, you got me sussed, but if I can't ride I might as well join in on the banter...

And currently in West Hull, the sun is non-existant! ;)&:biggrin:
Absolutley! And why not huh, its what it is all about!

Real shame your not coming though however... Weddings! Who'd have them!

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
Absolutley! And why not huh, its what it is all about!

Real shame your not coming though however... Weddings! Who'd have them!

I'm quite a fan of weddings, having had 2 of my own!!

Top Bottom