FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Do you recall doing the splits on the 'beach' Davy? You held onto your bike very well...
It was a variation on the Okey-Cokey...the one where you put both legs in :smile:

Not posting the pic of Luke, only because it is a bit out of focus. :biggrin:

Did I??? I vaguely remember this...

Ohhh go on, am sure we dont mind a bit of blurred vision!!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I seem to remember a certain Walnut snoozing in a puddle of beer on the train. By this point I'd moved on to a conversation with a 6 year old. A bit above my intellectual prowess at that point(or any other maybe) but refreshing none the less.

That is sad, give Davy a stretch on a 'rack' and you end up with Origamist. This may of course be garbage but, in the interest of science, I'm willing to risk Davy on the rack

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacB said:
I seem to remember a certain Walnut snoozing in a puddle of beer on the train. By this point I'd moved on to a conversation with a 6 year old. A bit above my intellectual prowess at that point(or any other maybe) but refreshing none the less.

That is sad, give Davy a stretch on a 'rack' and you end up with Origamist. This may of course be garbage but, in the interest of science, I'm willing to risk Davy on the rack

Whoops!!

But thats a bit kinky MacB! I hope there will be a "safety word" just incase! :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
MacB said:
Seriously, all I have to do is agree a safety word with you and you'll get on a rack?........happy days

Well, some of Mrs. MacB's finest home made cookies, some beer and Ill consider it! Always wanted to be taller! lol!:biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
Not posting the pic of Luke, only because it is a bit out of focus. The lady sitting opposite me kept asking if we wanted her to move so that he could sit down. I think she thought he was going to topple over.

I thought standing would be a good way to avoid falling asleep, but I did a good job of proping up the bikes :thumbsup:

DSC00153.jpg

Friday nighters pray there will be enough enough bacon and beer to go around

DSC00157.jpg

Breakfast was served, consumed and served again.

and I'm afraid as I've already had my drooling lifeless body posted on this forum before (see DUN Run thread), you're not escaping this time Martin ;)

DSC00160.jpg

A rare sight indeed :biggrin:

mike e

Even less happier that I missed this ride...:thumbsup::sad::biggrin:

All went really well:-

Not many breakdowns or mechanicals
Perfect weather including the amazing dawn sunrise
Davy actually turns up
Breakfast looked really nice
A piss up at the end
Teef on a train

Glad everyone had a really nice night, here's hoping our Southend ride is just as good.......

I'd like to say that the wedding was fantastic but of course that would be a lie, infact the bride was so late I could have probably rode home from Whitstable...;)

Fair cop Luke! :biggrin:
I was so flipping hot on the train - double base layer + blubber is not railway material.:blush:

But I wasn't asleep - honestly guv...I was just rueing the mis-text to someone other than mikee - disgusted with my incapability. (Nothing new there then :tongue:)

Edit: Changed my mind. It was the white bike making me feel sick.:biggrin:

Tim Hall

theclaud said:
You forgot the hops. They were doing a lot of whatever-you-do-with-hops, which were piled high and poorly contained by a loose wire-fenced enclosure, with the result that the giant hop-mound was encroaching substantially on the road as we passed. It made me think of the How Would You Like To Die? thread in the Cafe. Just after dawn under a heap of Fuggles and Goldings on a late-summer FNRttC can't be a bad way to go...

Ah yes, the hops. It was indeed a massive mound of hoppy goodness. Later Scott and I spied some blokes engaged in Work of National Importance viz picking hops. We gave them a few words of encouragement. Of course what we should have shouted was "Huzzah!", which was probably the best thing anyone has shouted at me as I've ridden past them.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
AdrianC said:
I had a similarly chastening experience a bit before Dartford. From a set of traffic lights I timed my run to hit the line as they changed and set off at a descent lick, leaving the lorry to my right behind. A quarter of a mile down the road said lorry, now cranked up to speed passed me with young Ben sitting in its slipstream. It might have been my imagination but I thought I heard a cackle of laughter as he disappeared down the road.
I remember seeing him drafting that....not like he needs the help!!

Origamist

Legendary Member
AdrianC said:
Bizarrely I spent Friday afternoon before the ride in a factory where I saw such items being made. Remind me to describe it all to you in person some time.

Mmm, not sure we are talking about the same thing. I didn't have a donner kebab (sliced off a rotating spit) - what I snoozily munched was diced chicken breast marinated in spices/yoghurt and cooked in a tandoor. It was made on the premises, not a factory!

Origamist said:
Mmm, not sure we are talking about the same thing. I didn't have a donner kebab (sliced off a rotating spit) - what I snoozily munched was diced chicken breast marinated in spices/yoghurt and cooked in a tandoor. It was made on the premises, not a factory!

You're just hallucinating Matt..."we know what you ate" - you're all the same, you cycle fast and drink lots of beer types!:biggrin:

Top Bottom