FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a little embarrassed by the last frame but you have somehow, unbelievably, outdone Arthur in the cheesy music stakes!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
you have somehow, unbelievably, outdone Arthure in the cheesy music stakes!

Lovin' the soundtracks!

I was lazy again with the duff phone-camera, but have to add one of the birthday boy plus a gem from the Waterfront piss-up. Clickety click.

I had a great time again. This could easily become a habit...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=166&pictureid=979

I'd forgotten that! Apparently young Andy had been finding hills a little difficult, and, in search of an advantage, had fallen prey to a rumour started by that scallywag Radius, who let it be known that wearing a bandage on one's left knee bestowed special powers on the rider. Sadly it didn't work. Although, as I shot up the hills, overhauling all, sundry and the Teenage Tearaway, thinking 'Lo! They Shall Fear the Power of 'Zeqq' it was just a teeny-weeny tad disappointing to be overtaken by He That is Known as Benn sitting down.........

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
dellzeqq said:
a little embarrassed by the last frame but you have somehow, unbelievably, outdone Arthur in the cheesy music stakes!

It takes a lot of practice:biggrin:. I'd already exhausted my library of bicycle related songs, so was extremely pleased to stumble across this track. Oh, and the last frame is your fault for not putting yourself on the list of riders.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=166&pictureid=979

I'd forgotten that! Apparently young Andy had been finding hills a little difficult, and, in search of an advantage, had fallen prey to a rumour started by that scallywag Radius, who let it be known that wearing a bandage on one's left knee bestowed special powers on the rider. Sadly it didn't work. Although, as I shot up the hills, overhauling all, sundry and the Teenage Tearaway, thinking 'Lo! They Shall Fear the Power of 'Zeqq' it was just a teeny-weeny tad disappointing to be overtaken by He That is Known as Benn sitting down.........

Yes he looked on frighteningly good form. And, if I remember rightly, resisted the lure of Waterfront booze in order to do it all again with a headwind. Didn't you say something recently about knowing when you're beaten?

Origamist

Legendary Member
What a great way to spend a birthday...Propitious weather, excellent company, only a couple of minor mechanicals and a bit low flying albumin, hearty food at Andy’s Cafe, a beautiful Kent sunrise, a tin church, a bra but no décolletage, a speedy last few miles into Whitstable (which my fellow breakaway riders generously allowed me to lead), and then breakfast and beers and beers and beers at the Seafront Cafe...

My new torch was a revelation. Not only could it be seen from space, but it had quite an effect on the local wildlife: moths dived-bombed me, confused birds tweeted prematurely, and rabbits were flushed out from hedges and fields (I half expected Patrick to jump out from a hedge or pannier and start shooting the dazed creatures).

Thanks to everyone who bought me drinks, kept me company at the pub (not that the P&L regulars needed much encouragement) and tolerated me as I transmogrified into Norm from Cheers after a few pints...

Good to catch up with Anthony, Martin, Luke, Andy, Ben (the machine), theboytaylor and his antiquated camera and missing mini-friend; MacB the Pringle-wearing king of prolixity and TC who drew the short straw by sitting next to me.

I finally made it home at 6pm after unsuccessfully trying to find a short-cut to Furzedown via Anerley! Unfortunately, this was when I was supposed to be meeting my Devonian friends for BOGOF cocktails. Twenty five minutes, a shower and three pints of Ribena later, I made it to happy hour sunburnt and sleepy. To cut a long story (and a lot of cocktails) short, I fell asleep in a bar at midnight and was taken home in a taxi shortly after. Davy would have been proud though (not desappointed – sic) as I managed to consume a chicken tikka kebab whilst snoring.

Special thanks to Lee, Ruth and Andrea who bought me birthday gifts, Martin for his impromptu raffle which I won fair and square (honest guv), and finally, a big thank you to Simon, User10571, Adam, Adrian, Tim et al for organising everything so efficiently.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Origamist said:
TC who drew the short straw by sitting next to me.

Short straw?! I'll have you know I was offered princely sums to surrender that spot, which offered not just full sun but cyclists of rare and extraordinary beauty on every side. Besides, I thought there might be cake in your vicinity...

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
theclaud said:
Yes he looked on frighteningly good form. And, if I remember rightly, resisted the lure of Waterfront booze in order to do it all again with a headwind. Didn't you say something recently about knowing when you're beaten?

The Mouseketeers did a return leg with Ben once. Well, I say with, I mean just behind. Someone had to sit at the back, putting out the tarmac. Now he's got gears, I wouldn't even try it... ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Wooowwwwwweeeeeee!! What a weekend! What a ride!

Big thanks to o'holey one, our leader leader and everyone else who made this a great cycle! Yet again extremely well co-ordinated and througherly enjoyed my waymarking participation.

The Weather was perfect, if just slightly cold in places, but with the beckoning of beer on the seafront, my mind was else where! Handy Andy's snacks is a massive welcome and great food too!

I am suffering from slight memory loss in places and as such, I dont think, well, I cant remember eating during the day Saturday whilst enjoying a wonderful coastline view and great company and great banter and great weather and great barmaids! I do have sunburn and I do think I was rather drunk! But I am sure ILB was a bit more drunk than me.. possibly! He even made me drink his drink! So much for being a student! I also apologise to ILB for requesting information on his mums beauty! And for hitting on TC's derriere... LOL!

I dont know how I got home, well, I didnt, I went straight to my local for more beer still in cycling garb! I have just noticed I had drunk and cycle chated! Oh dear! At some point I nipped out to the local Subway for food passing a bunch of Hen's on their night out in another pub! To which I was dragged inside by them explaining that they wanted to tease the hen I was their stipper! Of which I dont think they realise how drunk and willing I was when I was doing a re-inactment of the full monty, in a packed pub... I rule! hehehehe!

Finally cycled home, somehow, I dont know how, about midnight, convinced it was around 2am and my speedo was lying, oh, it did get some abuse in lying to me!

Loving the pics so far uploaded, but I am sure there's more during the day not yet privvy to the masses... And Oralsopp, a chicken kebab, well done, lovely arent they! Alas i never had one... DARN!!! And MacB! I dont remember that comment!! Retribution will be swift.... hehehe! And Aperitif, great recital! But a cheeky pic of me!! Darn your camera!!

But once again, a great FNRTTC! Love it!!

Yeh - truesay Andy!* :smile: I suppose we are luckified that Ben was in extremely sleepy mode all night...normally he's a blur - an out of focus Izalco.

ege82b.jpg

Ah - bless! ;)

*Edit. Henceforth to be known as 'Oralsopp' :biggrin::biggrin::rofl::ohmy::rofl::rofl::rofl::biggrin::biggrin:
(Hope you enjoyed Matt's kebab Andy!)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Now that stings Matt, not the calling me a windbag, that's fair enough, but making me look up a word to know I've been called it........little balck book of retribution.......Origamist

Top Bottom