FNRttC Christmas Ride and Drinks. Thursday 29th December 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Many of you may be aware that I have suggested it might be nice to get together for a Christmas drink or two.

So you will be pleased to hear that a decision has been made and this is the cunning plan.

Please meet at 12 noon at Hyde Park Corner on Thursday 29th December 2011 for a relaxing short ride around the iconic sites of London before heading to All Bar One, Butler's Wharf, Shad Thames for a beer or two to toast the great rides of 2011 and the ones to come in 2012!

For those of you who would just like to taste the 'beer' please arrive at All Bar One for 3pm

http://www.allbarone.co.uk/allbaronebutlerswharf/

If you would like to attend please contact Dellzegg through the normal channels.

AKA Bob

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Absolutely no idea if I can make this one- for some reason lots of people at work try to take time off that week (!)- but if I can, I will- certainly sounds like fun.

As I told you last night Titus, I'm in same position as StuAff. Hope to be free that day. If not, I may be able to slope off a little earlier than usual (though anything before 7pm would feel like skiving! :tongue: ) in which case I'll just join the 'slag' session after work...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Looking good. Conveniently close to London Bridge station for the train home afterwards. I might just pop by for a short shandy.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Change of plan! Having just spoken to Look Mum No Hands they will be shut between Christmas and the New Year.

So drinks will now be taking place at All Bar One at Butler's Wharf, Shad Thames www.allbarone.co.uk/allbaronebutlerswharf/

Sorry

Titus

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

AB1 sounds perfect. Lots of space and securings for our bikes. And the sun glisting into your weary blurry eyes, awww, awesome!

Ta!

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
From 11.30 am on 29th at HPC the Met's Cycle Task Force will be offering free Cycle Security Marking using the BikeRegistered database for any interested FNRttCers.

StuartG

slower but further
From 11.30 am on 29th at HPC the Met's Cycle Task Force will be offering free Cycle Security Marking using the BikeRegistered database for any interested FNRttCers.
Titus, the Met gave me a thingy to stick in the down tube. Except you can't do that with a Brompton. The PC hadn't a clue where I should stick it (yes, he was too polite). I guess you have a solution ...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Those of you who want to shake off some of thepost-Christmas torpor(not to mentionmidriff) can join Titus and some of his merryMet Bike Squad chumsfor aChristmastide Cruise on the 29thDecember. We’re going to meet up atHyde Park Corner, and set off at midday to amble down deserted city streets before making our way toAll Bar One at Shad Thames(just round the corner from London Bridge Station). The ride will be about ten miles long, andas slow as you like. There’s lots of space at our destination to park and chain bikes, and, if the weather allows, tables outside the bar at which to sit and watch the world go by on theRiver Thames.

This is a chance to see some of London’s landmarks at the quietest time of the year. Those of you who can't tell your Corinthian from your Ionic will find it especially educational. And, by way of a super-duper top-notch ultra-spiffy bonus, the Met is offering to security mark your bike for you at Hyde Park Corner – just arrive at 11.30 and your pride and joy will be ID’d by the boys and girls in blue. How cool is that! (For those of you astride middle-aged male jewellery - chillax! Marking has moved on a way since the old days of mallet, diestamp and bosh!)

No registration required, but questions and expressions of interest to yours truly at fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk

Simon
http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/

Top Bottom