FNRttC Christmas Ride and Drinks. Thursday 29th December 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
although Miranda did learn something new about the 9 x table (up to 81, the digits of the answer added together always equals 9)

Why does it stop at 81?? 9+0=9. In fact I think there's only 99 that lets it down. 1+0+8=9, 1+1+7=9. I could go on but I'm off to find out a maths expression to explain the irregularity posed by 99!!!

if you were being tricky you could say:
9+9=18=1+8=9

some of these pictures are making me think my weight loss target for 2012 should be 5 rather than 3 stone :sad:
I've lost nowt over 2011, but got a lot fitter, bloody beer and cakes.....

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
As eny math geek no, every multiple of 9 works - the sum of the digits of a multiple of 9 is always a multiple of 9, so eventually you can get back to 9.

Once upon a time I could prove it.

1661602 said:
Why ponder life's complexities?
you know, that's puzzled me for ....oh god....25 years.... ponder works perfectly there, yet watch the video again and it sure looks and sounds like he sings "why pander life's complexities?" - and that makes 0 sense whatsoever....

yours, a tangent-loving smiths completist

1661614 said:
Who won the stare-off between User10571 and TC?

Susie - she got a snog (not quite caught on camera).

IMG_0624.jpg

More of a "stopping falling over" photo. Sadly, I didn't get any photos on the bikes, mainly because I was laughing too much, in between worrying about what TC (or myself for that matter) might collide with.

Top Bottom