FNRttC - new London startpoint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I like HPC for its iconicness too. As far as I know one of the Lions in Trafalgar Square is where all the mileages to London were measured - so any sign in the UK to London has one of the lions as its destination (not sure which one). HPC has the cyclists version of that, for me. Just in case this hasnt been posted anywhere else http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18072905 hahahaha!

Needless to say Your DZness as long as the FNRttCs continue, if you want to move the start point then so be it. But there is something fabulously surreal about joining a group in the semi dark and not really knowing til the halfway stop with whom you are cycling.....!

Mice
Word.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
As Adrian pointed out, it can't be easy for our Glorious Leader to kick off the gig at HPC, but he has a Cloak of Invincibility......and bowels of steel. Remember his imperious march into the path of a speeding artic. near Clapham Southside? I shudder at the memory. Anyway, to my mind, HPC has a sense of grandeur, history and occasion. The "drop" into the traffic is a great buzz too. Slipping quietly out of an NCP in Victoria just doesn't cut the mustard. Sorry.

I was expecting it to be T-boned by a crop duster to some urgent Bernard Herrmann strings.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
What about the St Martins in the Field or outside the National Gallery both in Trafalgar Square. Large open space late opening coffee shops and food shops, WCs and all pretty central and the right side of things to avoid problems with road closures in The Mall

What about the St Martins in the Field or outside the National Gallery both in Trafalgar Square. Large open space late opening coffee shops and food shops, WCs and all pretty central and the right side of things to avoid problems with road closures in The Mall
The Trafalgar Square toilets were clean, tidy and to be commended when I inspected them a few weeks ago. All the urinals in a lion, and three booths occupied, but the fourth was empty...:rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

That is a very good call

The Trafalgar Square toilets were clean, tidy and to be commended when I inspected them a few weeks ago. All the urinals in a lion, and three booths occupied, but the fourth was empty...:rolleyes:

That's as rare as rocking horse poo

thom

____
No. Sebastian & Coe have designated these toilets as Olympic Legacy Site #1 and the visiting public will be regaled with their cleanliness. 'Locog' are sponsoring them and will take the 'Nelson Riddle' out of one in the best possible fashion.:smile:
Tif, that's not true. Nothing can take the p*ss better than you.

Tif, that's not true. Nothing can take the p*ss better than you.
Not you as well! I popped over here from the other thread where 'Tight Northern Wad' and 'Quackers' are debating the semantics and content of breakfast. (Any fule kno' that anything goes, at any time if one is a proper cyclist - "Food is fuel")
- they both have it so wrong I wouldn't be surprised if they were associate advisors to Nicholas Clegg esq. And, don't come over here, Anthony. All we need is a bit of 'toilet duck' and we'll all be down the pan.
Anyway, Thom, what say you to Trafalgar Square? It would be good publicity for the FNRttC - one sure way to get 'column inches' just by turning up.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I refuse to p1ss inside a monument to imperialism and the exploitation of others.

P1ss on it? Another matter entirely, liable to end in arrest.

U

User10571

I like the idea of Trafalgar square, particularly as the Charles 1st statue is the datum for measuring road distances, but I have a feeling it is one of those areas of public land that are now 'privately' owned and policed by wardens of some sort.
A couple of years ago Charlotte-of-another-place and company were told they weren't allowed to take publicity photographs in Trafalgar Square for her TRAT ride, by someone in a uniform who clearly should never have been allowed anywhere near one.

Top Bottom